Skip to content

Problems with Dual-Class HP

Basically, I'm thinking my end-game character has too much HP. Swashbuckler 25 dualled into Fighter 26 with 19 Constitution. Consult the attached picture for details.

As far as I'm counting the character should get:
+60 HP (10d6 from the first 10 thief levels)
+20 HP (CON bonus from the first 10 levels)
+30 HP (2*15 from the latter 15 thief levels)
+3 HP (from the last fighter level)
+13 HP (+15-2 from Hell Trials)
+15 HP (from the equipped Ioun Stone)
=141 Total HP

The character screen shows 151 HP. To whom do I owe the missing 10 HP?

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Mmmhh maybe the Deck of Many Things, I believe the "Moon" effect gives 10HP. It is a possible third draw from DoMT
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited July 2015
    most peculiar, unless somehow that constitution from your fighter levels is overlapping your HP bonus from your thief levels then that might be the cause
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I just tested this out and I am going to assume you got 10 from the deck of many things, because everything else plays out as normal
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Or from an equipped item?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Check out the character in EEKeeper and look at the Affects tab. There should be some information on passive bonuses to HP, with the name of the spell file the bonuses are derived from.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595

Or from an equipped item?

He's wearing Wong Fei's Ioun Stone, which would give the mentioned +10 HP. You can see it's text in the AC column on the top right.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @Yannir he mentioned Ioun stone is his post though, and Ioun Stone is 15 hp, not 10.
  • AntaraReisAntaraReis Member Posts: 26
    EEKeeper displays base HP as 116 (?), current HP as 131 (?) and no effects affecting HP.

It could've been the Deck of Many Things, since it was some months ago I visited Watcher's Keep I don't quite remember what cards I drew. I'll go with that explanation, since the alternative means some sort of character export error or data corruption from back in BG1.