Skip to content

Prime Requisite XP multiplier / different experience for characters query

RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 164
I just done the first fight (bugs in cellar). My fighter has 224 XP and my Bard 220. Is this something to do with PR XP multipliers? If so what are the PRs for a Bard?

Stats are
Fighter (STR 19, Dex 18, Con 19, Int 9, Wis 9, Char 18)
Bard(STR 18, Dex 18, Con 7, Int 18, Wis 13, Char 18)

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I suspect that has to do with how the game is dividing the xp being awarded. Those beetles give 35 xp so every player definitely gets 5 because int(35/6) = 5. The extra 5 points of xp go to party members in order; if your bard is last then the bard won't get one of those leftover points. Any reward which is a multiple of 6 won't do that, of course, since everyone is getting a full and equitable share of the xp.
    KilivitzHudzyRAM021
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    The experience bonuses for good stats from PNP are not implemented in the Infinity Engine.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    They were kinda sorta implemented in the original BG2, which added an undocumented 10% to ALL XP gained regardless of stats.

I think it's gone on the EEs, though.
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 164
    Just had an even weirder one. I have two almost identical characters the only difference being 1 CHR point and different weapon / style skills. However after the fish fight they have ended up with different XP levels.
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 164
    Mathsorcerer looks to have it nailed. Just tried it with a different order and the last character again had 4 less points.