Skip to content

#15975 Kivan interjection in Dorn dialog goes to wrong state

AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
edited July 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Observed
Dorn only:
1. Recruit Dorn into the party
2. C:SetGlobal("DORNCDEV4","GLOBAL",1)
3. Dorn's dialogue starts "Let me guess: You have been wondering what the smiles of my former companions meant after the massacre at Barrow."
4. After a few lines, Dorn says "Simmeon left me behind to wear the mantle of the Butcher of Barrow alone. My true hatred was born on that day. I swore revenge on them all." [DORNJ state 56]
5. Dorn's next line is: "For a month, I rotted in that darkness. My ears were filled with the chittering of rats and the curses the guards heaped upon me... and their hatred only fed my own." [DORNJ state 58]
6. Dorn continues for several more lines. Eventually dialogue ends with CHARNAME saying "Very well."

Now, do it again, but with Kivan.
1. Recruit Dorn and Kivan into the party
2. C:SetGlobal("DORNCDEV4","GLOBAL",1)
3. Dorn's dialogue starts "Let me guess: You have been wondering what the smiles of my former companions meant after the massacre at Barrow."
4. After a few lines, Dorn says "Simmeon left me behind to wear the mantle of the Butcher of Barrow alone. My true hatred was born on that day. I swore revenge on them all."
5. Kivan interjects: "I fear that I must take my leave. I have urgent matters that must be attended to, and I cannot wait for you any longer. Farewell." [KIVANJ state 5]
6. Kivan leaves the party. Dialog is over.

Expected:
Kivan should say his KIVANJ state 7 line: "Vengeance is a powerful motivator. We are not so different, Dorn. I do not like your methods, but perhaps it is not wrong to help you gain your revenge." This state in KIVANJ links to DORNJ 58, Dorn's next line in the original dialogue.

Notes: The "Epilogue" for DORNJ state 56, transition 2 should link to EXTERN KIVANJ 7, not EXTERN KIVANJ 5.

This was reported for v1.2 here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/28313/dorn-kivan-leave-party-bug
Post edited by hook71 on

Comments