Skip to content

simple idea: move the status icons to the side of the portraits

YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
In the days of 640x480 pixels there was no room for it, but now it should be a no-brainer:
So, when you have 16 different buffs going on your charname, the portrait will remain visible.

Thanks, Beamdog.

[reposting to the revelant forum]
DarksheerCorvinoOlek77ItomonJuliusBorisovMaxxximus

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Having them at the bottom also does make it harder to see the damage your character has taken as they sit on top of the redness.
    Itomon
  • RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    With mods I generally remove the icons from the portrait as I prefer to see an uncluttered portrait rather than the icons. This however would be a better solution.
  • djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    A separate HP-bar in IWD2-style would also help to avoid the "can't see damage status because of 500 icons on the portrait"-problem typical for BG2.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    I think it is important to see the icons -- but with screen real estate the size of Alaska nowadays, they need not be on top of the portraits.
    Itomon
  • Olek77Olek77 Member Posts: 20
    Hi,
    Ygramul said:

I think it is important to see the icons

For me it is a very important part of the game, to see what resistance etc. my players got.
    It is always nice to see when a new found item increase the protection a member especialy if the new bonus is rare. So for me the icons are a must have.

Regards,

Olek
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Ygramul said:

In the days of 640x480 pixels there was no room for it, but now it should be a no-brainer:
    So, when you have 16 different buffs going on your charname, the portrait will remain visible.

Thanks, Beamdog.

[reposting to the revelant forum]

After dragonspear UI overhaul it will be possible.