Skip to content

Cloak of Displacement remove Blur effect mod

EltnotEltnot Member Posts: 4
I knew that people have removed the blur effect from the Cloak of Displacement in the past due to it causing eye strain and generally being [redacted] annoying. After about an hour of searching I found that every link for a modified copy that had been uploaded had expired. [Redacted]! So after about another hour or so of fumbling with DLTCEP I managed to work out which effect needed to be removed and successfully saved it in my override folder ([redacted] Read Only switch!).

So to save anyone else who is in my boat and wants to get rid of this effect simply, here is a copy of the file that just needs to be saved to your Override folder (If you don't have one, create one. Mine was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\override)

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/616265/clck03-zip.html
SionIVMivsanT2av

Comments

• T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    Sweet thanks!
  • jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    can you reupload this please?
    T2av
    Eltnot said:

I knew that people have removed the blur effect from the Cloak of Displacement in the past due to it causing eye strain and generally being [redacted] annoying. After about an hour of searching I found that every link for a modified copy that had been uploaded had expired. [Redacted]! So after about another hour or so of fumbling with DLTCEP I managed to work out which effect needed to be removed and successfully saved it in my override folder ([redacted] Read Only switch!).

So to save anyone else who is in my boat and wants to get rid of this effect simply, here is a copy of the file that just needs to be saved to your Override folder (If you don't have one, create one. Mine was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\override)

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/616265/clck03-zip.html

Your link is broken.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    T2av said:

Your link is broken.

Baptor
    edited August 2015
    Maxxximus said:

T2av said:

Your link is broken.

Didn't work, says there is an error ingame says missing ands its worth 73936397339472 gp
    Post edited by T2av on
    Maxxximus said:

T2av said:

Your link is broken.

Eh...
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Isn't there something for that in either SCS or BG tweaks ?

Isn't there something for that in either SCS or BG tweaks ?

I'm on android, so those don't work. Only certain aspects of it do..and I'd have to go digging around and to find it. Maxximus version is bugged to hell
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Maxxximus said:

T2av said:

Your link is broken.

The link you posted worked for me, and the item works perfectly as well as of 2.0. Thank you!