Skip to content

Would You Like To See A Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura:EE ?

OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
I had this game when it first came out and thought it was brilliant
Would love to see a remake or update
Just wondering what everyone else thinks
KamigoroshiSapphireIce101WilburKalesraAedan[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I just can't say no to such a fine steampunk adventure where orcs pilote fighter aircrafts and do aerial dogfights. Wouldn't mind to have a better battle system though.

Oh, and additional, faster instrumental music a' la Apocalytica would be nice as well!
    [Deleted User]
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Yes plz.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Possibly. I'd like to see it expanded on and added too. The game always felt a bit unfinished to me but is overall a great game. Not just a graphic update with some new content but an update with old content added too. Especially NPCs wich, with the exception of about 3, always felt sort of just there to fill space.
    Fardragon
  • TomarctusTomarctus Member Posts: 49
    Would be most welcome.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    It would be pretty great, but only if the team doing the conversion would actually get full editing laws. Arcanum was not only unfinished, but it's a pretty obvious beta from Caladon onwards. Also, incredibly buggy and unbalanced - I mean come on, Magic get a cheap instakill spell which can be casted for half cost after Tulla, Technology gets a crappy elephant gun and have to scavenge trash bins for half of the game.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I'd like it to be remade with combat that isn't shockingly bad and graphics that aren't offensively ugly (compare Qintarra and Suldanessellar....what went wrong?). Way beyond the scope of an EE.
    Kalesra
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Why not
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I've stumbled across this game every now and then but never actually played it myself. I would welcome a remake.
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    I would highly appreciate that.

I really loved the game but so many things about it drove me so absolutely fucking batshit crazy with frustration that I've only been able to finish it once.

I agree with @FrozenCells that this is far beyond an EE though. I don't know if such a massive overhaul is feasible.