Skip to content

main character portrait_paladin

titurtitur Member Posts: 1
I remade the original Abdel(?) pala - maybe now Uther is fit better for him..
I am not a big pict editor, but I just got a sketchpad and I had to try out in photoshop in some useful way.. (so I spent my whole night to it, but it's worth it..or not?) :)

What do you think?

SCARY_WIZARDPhilhelm

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    First off, not bad! I like the concept and the beard looks pretty good.

Constructive criticism:
    I think you went a little too heavy on the eye shadow. It's just too harsh. If you still have this pre-adding your own colors in, I'd recommend reapplying the brush just with less opacity so there's more of a blend. Same goes for the eyes.

The cloak is also readily apparently cropped from another photo. Smoothing the edges out should be as easy as applying a light blur. That's the nice thing about it being as grey and blue as it is: blends wellwith smudging and blurs.
    SCARY_WIZARDJean_Luctiturlolien
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited December 2012
    I am reminded of Uther the Lightbringer, and now that I think about him, my eyes well with tears. Good one!
    titur
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    and here, my wizard pic I use to for my character portrait:

titurPhilhelm
  • titurtitur Member Posts: 1

sandmanCCL
    Thanks for the critics, I am not familiar enough with photoshop, I have to learn more about the effects and other boosts, so these instructions are very useful!

SCARY_WIZARD
    Uther is that, I am glad to reminded you to that hero (perhaps you know Lothar too from the good old Blizzard worlds, my main char name in RPG games in general:)), so maybe it's reached a point..

Parys
    Your char portrait is nice too, fit for battlemage kin.
    T2avSCARY_WIZARDlolien
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Awesome thread! I also liked the idea of a hooded Male 2 and made a couple for my Undead Hunter of Lathander. This seems like an appropriate thread to share mine.

Undead Hunter (Final Version)

Paladin (Final Version)
    titurSCARY_WIZARDlolien
  • Key_StrokesKey_Strokes Member Posts: 36
    @dreambled: very subtle changes that work wonders. Well done!
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Or have even more fun by using your own face as well as your friends as templates for your characters! :

imageimage
    titurlolien
  • snakeXsnakeX Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2015
    Many thanks to Isandir and dreambled's alterations of the portrait I used to create my own version of. : )
    Post edited by snakeX on
    JuliusBorisov