Skip to content

Scaaaared!

JustywustyJustywusty Member Posts: 7
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
As the release date for Windows is September 18th and the Mac release date is just listed as "September 2012", I'm getting a little scared. I'm so hyped for this game, and I keep checking to see if there are any updates to the Mac release just in case. I CANNOT WAIT MUCH LONGER THAN SEPTEMBER 18TH! Anyone else share my antsyness?
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    I do share your anxiety and I'm a PC player! The 18th can't get here fast enough! D:
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    look do what i'm doing, i expect the pc/mac version to be released sept 30th. That way, when it gets released before that, i'll be happily surprised. :)
  • KelesKeles Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2012
    relax. load up something along the lines of IWD or PS and pass the time and release will be here before ya know it. seems to be working for me. :) ~
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    x-com terror from the deep @keles :)
  • Rush_that_speaksRush_that_speaks Member Posts: 36
    I heard in my physics classes that you can move forward in time if you move very fast relative to the Beamdog team… but I wasn’t really paying attention so I might be wrong ;/
  • KelesKeles Member Posts: 31
    @bjjorick , that works too! heh ~
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    Can't wait? You have to. In case you have missed it, this is what I posted in the meme thread not long ago. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/65048/#Comment_65048
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    I've become pretty jaded over the past decade, having lost that loving feeling of anticipation that I dimly remember from before a great game was certain to come out. Although logic tells me BG:EE is happening, I still wont believe it until the I see that old intro play out again. I'll probably just sit there - dazed - for a while when it does.

Regarding what seems to be the return of the old school with Shadowrun, Wasteland 2, etc, and to quote Captain Jack Sparrow: "I feel ... stirrings ... "
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Initially, I was going to wait for the Mac version, but tonight I went ahead and bought the PC version for my bootcamped MBP as well. This way, I'll have a few options to mess around with. The MBP for home, and on my MBA when I own the Mac version of it. I'll also buy the iPad version too, since by buying three copies, I'll be supporting a great group of folks who're rekindling/revamping a really great game that I've been playing a heckuva a lot of for many years now. The way I see it, I haven't bought a high priced game since Dragon Age: Origins for my computers. I've bought a discounted version of KOTOR through the Mac Store (as well as a disc copy prior to that), plus a few indies that I've never really finished. I always go back to my tried and true games (Infinity Engine mainly, with a sprinkling of NWN and NWN2 for modules play and PW). Point is, I'm at the stage of can't wait as well...so I'm playing a couple of BGTutu campaigns to tithe me over. :-)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Well, waiting gives me some time to finish some old Baldur's Gate campaigns: got 3 Tutu ones running right now, and 4 SOA campaigns - more than enough to keep me busy (and too many to complete before i'll start a BGEE campaign in 2 weeks).
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    2 weeks left and still no gameplay, trailer or screenshoots with actual GUI. Sad.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Just don't forget that release date on Macs/iPad depends as much on Apple as it does on the Beamdog team.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Very true, mlnevese. Well put.