Skip to content

Final Battle. Help me.

AzadAzad Member Posts: 6
My group is level 6-7, consists of me as the archer, Kharid, Minse, Imoen, Jahira and Xan. I'm now facing the final battle, and obviously it's very hard for me. My best attempt is that I've killed everyone except Sarevok, he is at a corner but I'm barely alive. So... any suggestions? Is my level enough?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2015
    If the situation at the moment is grim enough you should consider reloading and going back to the Sorcerous Sundries to pick up a Wands of Paralyzation (more than one if Imoen is also a mage). Also pick up some Arrows of Piercing (and make sure Khalid and Minsc have a bow because you'll likely want them using ranged weapons). Arrows of Detonation and Arrows of Dispelling could also be handy. As could having Jaheira memorize and cast Protection from Fire 3rd level spell) and Resist Fire/Cold (2nd level) on your party members.
  • AzadAzad Member Posts: 6
    elminster said:

If the situation at the moment is grim enough you should consider reloading and going back to the Sorcerous Sundries to pick up a Wands of Paralyzation (more than one if Imoen is also a mage). Also pick up some Arrows of Piercing (and make sure Khalid and Minsc have a bow because you'll likely want them using ranged weapons). Arrows of Detonation and Arrows of Dispelling could also be handy. As could having Jaheira memorize and cast Protection from Fire 3rd level spell) and Resist Fire/Cold (2nd level) on your party members.

Okay I will try that. Thanks for the help!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    If you have any potions like oils of speed or Strength potions, now is the time to use them. No use saving them past this point.

Have Imoen sneak up detecting traps until Sarevok triggers the dialog. Have her quickly retreat back. Enter party can focus on Semaj before taking on the other's in the room.

Don't forget about your called shot.

After Semaj is down buff up and switch to missile weapons. Focus all your attacks on Saravok. Once he is dead, it is game over. Takeout summons to keep everyone attacking occupied.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Your levels are a little low. Not a major problem, as Elminster indicated, the game is winnable where you are. But keep in mind the game will end when kill Sarevok. So if you want to explore any more (and gain more experience and loot) you need to do it before the final battle.
  • AzadAzad Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2015
    deltago said:

If you have any potions like oils of speed or Strength potions, now is the time to use them. No use saving them past this point.

Have Imoen sneak up detecting traps until Sarevok triggers the dialog. Have her quickly retreat back. Enter party can focus on Semaj before taking on the other's in the room.

Don't forget about your called shot.

After Semaj is down buff up and switch to missile weapons. Focus all your attacks on Saravok. Once he is dead, it is game over. Takeout summons to keep everyone attacking occupied.

atcDave said:

Your levels are a little low. Not a major problem, as Elminster indicated, the game is winnable where you are. But keep in mind the game will end when kill Sarevok. So if you want to explore any more (and gain more experience and loot) you need to do it before the final battle.

Thanks to all of you, though I've already win the game. I was very confused when I couldn't go back and thought that's it?! I may have missed a lot of quests but maybe next time. Now I'm ready for BG2 ! Yay :blush: