Skip to content

Haz doesn't show up in lower tombs

nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
I just finished talking to Aran, then I went to the Lower Tombs. After clearing out the spiders, I went north to the door to Bodhi's tomb, but there's no mage or golem there. Is there a step I'm missing?

Comments

• MortaelMortael Member Posts: 33
    What does your journal say? Sometimes, it's the case of missing the trigger.. If it's a bug, it can be fixed using EE keeper, to 'activate' the trigger manually, so you don't have to reload.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    If you've dealt with Mook, Jaylos and Caehan and reported back to Aran you should have a journal entry starting "I must go to the Graveyard District to deal with this rival guild..." and Haz should appear after that.

If you have that journal entry and he's not there, I'm not sure what has happened.
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Yep, I checked the journal and the next step is the Graveyard district. Guess this is game over.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited August 2015
    I've had a similar bug a while ago. I was siding with vampires and Haz was not at his place in Aran's dungeon. I had to create his key using the CLUA console to continue.
    This occurred in the original version of the game too, but fortunately you can replicate certain quest items as Francois did or if you know the variable, you can adjust that too. It will save you a lot of time rather than restart the whole game from scratch!
    I believe nsr is on iPad though which doesn't give that flexibility at this time.

& Haz was probably in the Thieves guild, he goes walkabout and usually ends up to the north of the guillotine where he can easily be missed.
    Yup, not possible to cheat. Game ending bug.
    edited August 2015
    Gate70 said:

I believe nsr is on iPad though which doesn't give that flexibility at this time.

& Haz was probably in the Thieves guild, he goes walkabout and usually ends up to the north of the guillotine where he can easily be missed.

You can pull the save out, as I have a tablet- if you own a copy of the PC game, put the save file in your save folder, then open up EE that way to locate it and mod it, then... Put it back in your save folder on your iPad. I mean, I have it for android, but.. I'm sure it'll be relatively similar :) If not, you can send the save file to me, I'll have a look and see what I can do xD
    nsr said:

Yup, not possible to cheat. Game ending bug.

Anything is possible!

edited August 2015
    since iOS 8.3, it's not possible to extract saves from the iPad in BG2. In BGEE, there is an option that allows you to export the save as a file (.bg1save), and email it to yourself, bug BG2EE does not have this option. Both BGEE and BG2EE support opening a .bg1save file, so it's possible to create a save file from the Desktop copy of the game and then move it to the tablet. For BG2EE this is a one way trip until it supports the export function

edit: wrong iOS version, should be 8.3 not 4.3
    Can't you hook your iPad up to your mac/pc and extract the files that way? better yet via bluetooth or, find an app that allows you to open root directories/folders? Just theories as I don't own an iPad myself, but there must be some kind of way of accessing those files... Worst case scenario: let the guys at Beamdog know and take a break from the game whilst they work on a fix, they'll probably be grateful for the bug report anyway :)
    @nsr if you still have your save, could you hang onto it please. I'd like to have a look at it as and when we can get iPad saves available again in case we can identify and address the underlying cause.

@Mortael as said before, there is currently no way for iPad/iPhone players to get at their saves. iFunbox previously worked but no longer does. Hence the work done/underway around export/import for iOS.

& reporting here is the correct way to let us (Beamdog) know so nsr has done what is required.
    Thanks
    I've started to save before every major questline to avoid this issue in the future, so unfortunately i may have overwritten the save (scrolling down on the save screen is annoying).