Skip to content

#15734 Kamir, Arenthis and Risa should not disappear if their quest is active

GentblueGentblue Member Posts: 39
edited July 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
If the paladin takes so long walking that it turns to evening everyone vanishes and does not reappear again. Also if the crypt door next to the where the priest and Risa appear is open, they don't spawn properly.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Gentblue said:

If the paladin takes so long walking that it turns to evening everyone vanishes and does not reappear again. Also if the crypt door next to the where the priest and Risa appear is open, they don't spawn properly.

attach your save please.
  • GentblueGentblue Member Posts: 39
    The save is a while after the event of the slow-moving paladin but both should be fairly easy to replicate.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    It is possible to conclude the quest (as below) from this point and I don't see any door issue whether it is open or closed. In your save, I returned to where Kamir was and spoke to him again, and the quest completed.

Kamir, Arenthis and Risa are set to be present from 06:30-09:30 and 12:30 to 15:30. I've tried a few things and it looks like they vanish when not in sight of the player, and re-appear at the next time they should be present. The quest then completed as expected in my tests.

I believe the way they are set to appear and disappear over-rides other scripts so have logged it in case there is anything that can be done to improve how it plays out in these circumstances.
    Thanks
    Interesting. These definitely fail on my Mac, so maybe this is a platform issue?
    I wouldn't think it is a platform issue @Gentblue but I don't a Mac so can't say for certain.

Try this save. All I did was move to the graveyard and then advance the game-time using ctrl-t. Speak to Kamir again and he should play out properly.
    I worked out the problem, I think. I didn't bother increasing search variable on reinstalling the game, which I think most serious players do as default. I also noticed bugs sometimes when Phaere tried to leave the room after receiving Solufein's cloak (i.e. she can't if you come at her from the wrong angle and doesn't push the characters out of the way).
  • JaskoJasko Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2015
    Can't attach file with chrome on android. Anyway the spawning issue occured just now, Risa is somewhere underground. When Kamir arrives he initiates dialog with the priest, then when its Risa's turn to speak, the conversation ends, afterwards they're gone
    Hi @Jasko are you able to attach a save now (I've verified your id).
    Thanks
  • JaskoJasko Member Posts: 31
    Hiya, Ummm I actually continued playing so I don't have the save anymore, sorry.
    I'm playing BG2EE on an android tablet.

Anyway.. After returning to the graveyard a second time, Risa and the others were all there. I talked to Kamir and the dialog continued as it should, ending the quest.

Cheers