Skip to content

Thoughts on EE Content

2»

Comments

• FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited August 2015
    Yes, you have to trust him and not ask him to swear an oath when he joins. Then say all the good things during all the conversations with him. I'm not sure if you need a certain Charisma or something.

Also to add a precision about favored enemies, when you import your own ranger from BG1 you choose a new enemy from the new list. The new skill comes out of nowhere, because most monsters have never been seen before, but Minsc is not unique in that respect. They should have made it so that you could keep the 1st one too.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Really? My ranger/cleric never got that option...
    edited August 2015
    That's what it did with my elven Archer. I was importing from a saved BG1 character while creating a new BG2 game. Was your ranger/cleric a dual class? Maybe you don't get any change to racial enemy when it's a dualed ranger. He's not supposed to learn anything new ranger-wise so that can make sense even though you are probably stuck with a useless enemy.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Nope, multiclass. Ah well...I suppose ghouls as a racial enemy isn't totally worthless...
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Francois said:

Yes, you have to trust him and not ask him to swear an oath when he joins. Then say all the good things during all the conversations with him. I'm not sure if you need a certain Charisma or something.

Then I must've miss something because I did all that. I mean with Viconia all I had to do was tell her there was more to power then pointless death, and encourage her to try and change. I heard you had to do other stuff which I didn't do and she still switched alignments.

Oh with that said, and to be on topic again.

Alignments are freaking pointless, they don't seem to affect much in the game if anything at all from what I can tell. Even conversations remain the same...
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Naveen said:

Odd, I always thought Minsc changed because the creatures that captured you were vampires (and, for that reason, vampires killed Dynaheir). Something about the intro "they came as you rested. Figures cloaked in mist". I actually thought that was "common knowledge" (there is a vampire in Irenicus' dungeon and seemed reasonable to me they were the only ones powerful enough to capture you), but know I think perhaps that's something I made up.

You know, I never noticed this detail or thought about it much before. It doesn't make sense that the Shadow Thieves would capture you for Irenicus, because they are at war with him, and indeed are attacking his complex at the very start of BG2.

It makes perfect sense that vampires would capture you for Irenicus, because Irenicus' strongest ally is his sister Bodhi, a vampire lord.
    edited August 2015
    Grum said:

Nope, multiclass. Ah well...I suppose ghouls as a racial enemy isn't totally worthless...

Out of curiosity I just created a new multiclass in BG1, and exported him and I did get to choose new enemy. However you have to create a new character and import. If you pick ''play'' the character from the list, then the game starts immediately and you don't get the option of changing the appearance/name of the character and if a ranger you don't get to change your enemy.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2015

Naveen said:

Odd, I always thought Minsc changed because the creatures that captured you were vampires (and, for that reason, vampires killed Dynaheir). Something about the intro "they came as you rested. Figures cloaked in mist". I actually thought that was "common knowledge" (there is a vampire in Irenicus' dungeon and seemed reasonable to me they were the only ones powerful enough to capture you), but know I think perhaps that's something I made up.

You know, I never noticed this detail or thought about it much before. It doesn't make sense that the Shadow Thieves would capture you for Irenicus, because they are at war with him, and indeed are attacking his complex at the very start of BG2.

It makes perfect sense that vampires would capture you for Irenicus, because Irenicus' strongest ally is his sister Bodhi, a vampire lord.
    I'm pretty sure that there is a dialogue with Aran Linvale that mentions the Shadow Thieves having worked for Irenicus, could have been another thief that mentioned it as well. The whole war part from what i gathered was the two of them falling out.

I rarely read all the dialogues nowadays so not sure where it's from, or if it's even there, I'm just positive that there was someone mentioning the Shadow Thieves having worked for Irenicus, which was also one of the major reasons for having them capture you in BGT (Baldur's Gate Trilogy).
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977

Naveen said:

Actually the reason they are at war with them is because he betrayed then if I remember correctly.