Skip to content

BG:EE/BG2:EE and level 1 NPC.

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
So I've tried to use this mod but even after several different tries over the last few years, I have never been able to make it work in my BG:EE/BG2:EE installation. Any help?

When i try to install it, it won't even start the installation, there is an error. Since gibberling is down right now i can't download level 1 NPC either at the moment. Is there any way to make it work for BG:EE/BG2:EE?

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    I have the version 1.9 on my computer, should you want it...
    I just gave an ultra-quick look at the installation files.
    The setup program (weidu) is not recent enough and the installation uses predicates to control on which game version the mod can be deployed. Both of those have to be changed. This does not mean the mod will install without further modifications. In fact I guess this is necessary but probably not sufficient.

Unless you want to mod it, I suggest trying to use the latest version of EEKeeper instead.
    I haven't used the new features but I understand @Troodon80 implemented the functions allowing to easily regenerate a character whose level was changed.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Musigny said:

I have the version 1.9 on my computer, should you want it...
    I just gave an ultra-quick look at the installation files.
    The setup program (weidu) is not recent enough and the installation uses predicates to control on which game version the mod can be deployed. Both of those have to be changed. This does not mean the mod will install without further modifications. In fact I guess this is necessary but probably not sufficient.

Unless you want to mod it, I suggest trying to use the latest version of EEKeeper instead.
    I haven't used the new features but I understand @Troodon80 implemented the functions allowing to easily regenerate a character whose level was changed.

Thank you for this information, the reason i don't use shadowkeeper is because I'll have to spend 10+ minutes for every character, every single game. Level 1 NPC made it so much easier and once installed it was part of every game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited August 2015
    SionIV said:

Thank you for this information, the reason i don't use shadowkeeper is because I'll have to spend 10+ minutes for every character, every single game. Level 1 NPC made it so much easier and once installed it was part of every game.

It depends on exactly what you're trying to do, but Keeper now has a button which automates most of the generic stuff:- HP, AC, THAC0, saving throws. It also gives a readout for thief skills, if you are a thief class, so you can manually enter those.

I didn't make it set thief skills or proficiencies since they are a user choice.

So the basics now is:-
    1. Launch Keeper
    2. Load save game/character/creature
    3. Enter a new level, or levels; optionally, change your class, kit, etc.
    4. Press Recalculate Stats
    5. Go to the Innate tab and select your kit (if applicable)
    6. Go to Effects and add kit effects (if applicable)
    It removes the need to do comparisons for the HP, AC, etc. from another save game.

Next version will have spells and effects automated into the same button as well, so even less time spent wondering what needs to be done. :-)
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Troodon80 said:

SionIV said:

It depends on exactly what you're trying to do, but Keeper now has a button which automates most of the generic stuff:- HP, AC, THAC0, saving throws. It also gives a readout for thief skills, if you are a thief class, so you can manually enter those.

I didn't make it set thief skills or proficiencies since they are a user choice.

So the basics now is:-
    1. Launch Keeper
    2. Load save game/character/creature
    3. Enter a new level, or levels; optionally, change your class, kit, etc.
    4. Press Recalculate Stats
    5. Go to the Innate tab and select your kit (if applicable)
    6. Go to Effects and add kit effects (if applicable)
    It removes the need to do comparisons for the HP, AC, etc. from another save game.

Next version will have spells and effects automated into the same button as well, so even less time spent wondering what needs to be done. :-)
    Thank you so much, both for making this possible with EEkeeper and for the easy step by step guide! :smiley: