Skip to content

ToB Quests for Core NPCs

What questlines would you have wanted to see for the non-EE companions in "Throne of Bhaal"?

I figure Edwin would take another crack at figuring out the Nether Scrolls, and the player could choose whether to help or secretly sabotage him - if he succeeds, you get a lich party member for about a week until he finally turns on you; if he fails, you get to keep Edwin through to the end of the game.

Aerie would finally track down the slavers who took her from her home, and decide what to do with them now that she's an all-powerful archmage with a Rashemi bodyguard.

Thoughts on the other party members?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Nice, @shawne, I like both of those suggestions, and it's an excellent challenge to come up with more.

I've managed to think of three:-

Mazzy: in Saradush, a Talonite recognises Mazzy and curses her in revenge for the death of Barl in Trademeet. The curse is something appropriately Talonite, such as increased vulnerability to poison. To lift the curse, Mazzy must find and confront the Talonite High Priest and his minions, who turns out to be encamped in an unused corner (top right) of the (appropriately foggy and poisonous) Forest of Mir.

Haer'Dalis: after defeating Gromnir and the consequent conversation with Melissan, Haer'Dalis finds a planar gem hidden on the corpse of Karun the Black (which no-one notices if Haer'Dalis is absent). Curious about the welfare of the Sigil Troupe, he immediately opens a portal and invites the party to come with him to visit Raelis Shai. The party can refuse (and lose Haer'Dalis) or agree, in which case they're whisked off on another interesting planar excursion ... perhaps this time a confrontation with Duke Rowan?

Minsc: when meeting the Chinchilla and his three minor-Bhaalspawn friends, Boo is surprised to notice another minor-Bhaalspawn hiding between the rocks, who turns out to be a miniature giant space hamster Bhaalspawn. Boo leaves Minsc's pocket to chase after the minor-Bhaalspawn ("Go for the ... er, no, come back here, Boo!"), but the Bhaalspawn teleports away and takes Boo with him! Of course, Minsc is distraught (random Berserking likelihood increased), and the hunt is on ... but they aren't re-united until Minsc discovers Boo (and his new friend) at the Oasis.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    What? Only one response? I know ToB is not popular, but still...

I would make a quest in ToB to bring back Yoshimo's soul. We didn't get him in the official SoA-ToB line, but now Beamdog give put new touches to the game, right? Maybe a journey to the gods who got his soul? Maybe a sacrifice of some order from the Bhaalspawn himself? Not like with Sarevok, but with consequences...

So that finally we could officially have Yoshimo in ToB.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    All pretty cool ideas, but each would require a talented and dedicated modder.

Too bad they're in such short supply. :(
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Summon some modders for this :D
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

So read the thread before realising it's so old, but it's an interesting discussion anyway.

I'm not sure I would want individual quests or extra made up things for them to do.

What I would like to see is far more made of the encounter with the Master Wraith who turns up at the Temple of Bhaal. He only affects charname and the love interest, but all of the NPC have their demons. All of them follow you because they are lost and damaged or bad things have happened to them, so all of them are vulnerable.
    Something that makes each NPC question why they follow charname.

I'm not sure what shape it would take, but some extra content that means each NPC has to confront their past, just as charname has to in the pocket plane.

So an obvious example would be Viconia coming to terms that she will never return to the Underdark and drow society and that could be done when you confront Sendai.

I know we get the epilogues, but they are not much.