Skip to content

New playthrough - Need some tips!

Hello folks, long time no see!

I'll start a new playthrough, as a Half elf Cleric/Ranger. I'd do a neutral run, but as my alignment must be good in any fashion, so I'll do a goodie run. But my problem is: I've never done that!

Right now I just left Irenicus dungeon and finished The Unseeing Eye and my group is: Me (Cleric/Ranger), Keldorn, Nalia, Jaheira, Yoshimo (Imoen). I'd trade Jaheira for another arcane spellcaster, but I've decided to keep her for romance and she can tank with Iron Skin and is pretty nice against some casters, for the insect plague. I don't intend to do anything like power run, just playing the game smoothly, but I'm missing the 6th member!

Any suggestions? Because I'm kinda lost...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Mazzy fits your group quite fine. She's an additional figher, a goodie, has special abilities and she's often overlooked. She can cover you both as a melee and a ranged figher.

Oh, and she's a halfling, and your party doesn't have any shortie... You need to fix it quickly.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    Mazzy is a good choice, but I would say that between Keldorn, Jaheira and yourself you have plenty of fighters already. I would go with Jan, because I think Imoen is quite limited as a thief and he would also provide some good extra arcane power.
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Moved to the international section.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Well let's break it down.
    You have:
    3 front line fighters
    2 wizards
    2 divines
    1 thief

So you really have everything that you need already.

Maybe keep that last slot open and cycle through characters to do their quests. Neera and Rasaad in particular have some nice goodies in their quest lines. Perhaps if you do this process you'll find somebody that you like in the extra slot. Haer'dalis is the only candidate that stands out to me (and it's better to pick him up at level 15 anyway).