Skip to content

Mods you will install on BGEE

triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
The BG banter pack seems like a no-brainer, but I am curious what the rest of you are going to add to the game.
Post edited by triclops41 on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    BG1 NPC and several tweakpack stuff at least.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    NPCpack, unfinished business and then I'm gonna start shopping around.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    Drugar said:

NPCpack, unfinished business and then I'm gonna start shopping around.

Isnt unfinished business a mod that adds content to bg2, not bg1?
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    @triclops41 I think there is a version for both
    Syntia13
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    For BG1, "Unfinished Business", a few components from the Tweaks pack (assuming they haven't been implemented, like pausing during dialogue and getting rid of the "You Must Gather Your Party" sound) and possibly BG1NPC, which I've never used but seems to have a largely positive consensus among BG veterans.

For BG2, assuming Beamdog is still bound by the same hardline restrictions, it'll be "Unfinished Business", more Tweaks (such as the use of an "Edwina" portrait during the Nether Scrolls section), "Ascension" and maybe "Turnabout" assuming it's ever updated to work properly.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I think the only real things I intend on installing at the start if anything are the Grand Mastery for Multiclass Fighters and the BG1 Grand Mastery if it ain't fixed.
    immagikman
    Which tweaks do you guys like?
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Divine Remix, NPCpack, Song and Silence, Rogue Remastered, and tweaks galore (missile stacks, grand mastery for multi, auto spell memorization, etc).
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    The only mod I ever bother with is an xp cap remover.
    Rerel
    @triclops41: Silencing the "You Must Gather Your Party" man is worth the entire installation process. And we mustn't forget the one that disables that bastard Malchor Harpell - I'll be keeping my Drizzt loot, thank you very much. :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    No real telling yet how much of this will be needed/enabled for BG:EE, but here's my BG1 standard:

- ToB Extender to among other things disable the stoneskin colour, make sleeping creatues awaken when hit and have them drop their inventory when dying from freezing, disintegration and petrification.

- G3 fixpack.

- The combined 1pp pack, will likely be fully integrated in the EE.

- Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters, just what it sounds like.

- Sirine's Call, another miniquest.

- The Thalantyr mod that makes him able to modify/upgrade items, quite similar to Weimer's Item Upgrade mod for BG2.

- Lost Items mod, adds some otherwise rare or nonexisting BG2-items to BG1, like katanas etc. Should not be needed in BG:EE.

- The BG1 NPC Project. Probably the most essential BG1 mod for my playing experience, don't really want to go without it anymore. Will wait until it's compatible before undertaking a serious playthrough.

- BG1 Unfinished Business, nothing major but a lot of nice touches.

- Several NPC mods, like Finch, Mur'Neth and Indira. Even if I don't keep them all in the party for a full run, I try to run with them for a few in-game days at least.

- Spell Revisions, slightly edited to include only the spells I want altered.

- Sword Coast Stratagems, comprehensive mod that seemed very punishing after the first install, but now I can't really imagine playing without it. Makes enemies behave significantly smarter while using a minimum of tools not also available to the player, and contains a few neat fixes on top of that.

- Rogue Rebalancing, nice mod for anyone who likes using thieves or bards.

- G3 tweakpack.

- aTweaks, several changes to bring the game more in line with PnP and some other neat fixes, including a thief script that continually scans for traps, but unlike the stock script doesn't do so at the expense of everything else.

- Aurora's Shoes and Boots, nicely implemented shop, miniquest and item upgrade mod.

- NSC Portraits mod, that simply adds portraits to most minor characters you encounter.

That's about it, leaving out some of the very minor mods. Needless to say, the day I start mod installation is rarely the day I'm actually able to start playing the game.. but I rather like it that way.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    Sword Coast Stratagems
    BG1 NPC Project
    Level 1 NPCs
    Minsc Berserker Mini-mod
    Herbs and Potions Add-ins
    Spell Revisions
    Song and Silence
    Divine Remix
    Sword and Fist
    Wild Mage Additions
    BG Mini-Quests & Encounters
    Dark Side of the Sword Coast
    Grey Clan: In Candlelight

SCS is the only really essential one for me, though.

I have to see if there are new BG1 NPC mods that were released over the last 4 years. If so, I might have a go at one of them.

I look forward in particular to the excellent Wild Mage Additions mod, given that we have a new Wild Mage NPC, Neera.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    @Sophia

Definitely agree with that. I'll play vanilla the first time. After that hopefully most or all of the mods I want to run will be tweaked for BG:EE.
    Sophia
  • DemossDemoss Member Posts: 52
    Probably just Unfinished Business and maybe a tweak pack if its needed.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    This might be a silly question.. But will existing mods work with the EE? Or is this discussion concerning upcoming mods?

I'd definitely play vanilla first, tho.
    @Rexfaroensis: Not a silly question at all, but sadly there's no definitive answer yet...
    A lot of modders were saying about updating mods to work so some may not work straight off the bat.
    Rexfaroensis
    So many tweaks and little mods to consider, I am almost feeling overwhelmed!
  • KelesKeles Member Posts: 31
    haven't really decided yet what I will add. definately just play vanilla first time to clearly see what was done and how it affected the overall game though. ~
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Clean install with perhaps just an xp cap remover.
    I wonder if bg:ee will sell more copies once bg2:ee is released? I'm so unused to playing through baldurs gate 1 then just stopping.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Never played with any mods or tweaks, mainly because a lot of that is not available in German and it looks strange when it's mixed up. As BG:EE will probably be in English at first, I'll maybe install the NPC pack, if it works, and maybe the Mini Quests and Unfinished Business. I don't like stuff that messes with the original rules (even though Rogues Rebalanced seems delicious, and grand-mastery-restoration and proficiencies for MC characters are tempting).
    Is there a place on the forums that will be keeping track of compatible mods?
    GrandeCSophia

Is there a place on the forums that will be keeping track of compatible mods?

Seconded, I'd like that too - some of those mods are important enough that I wouldn't start a playthrough without them...
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Modless the first couple of times through... then I'll probably be asking for good mods right on these boards!

I'm kind of a stubborn guy when it comes to mods - either they are all as I want them to be, or I won't enjoy them too much. It's silly, I know, but perfection is all important when it comes to the perfect game! :o (dum dum duuuum)
    Lemernis
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012
    I can't comment on what mods I will install as I have never played BG:EE to know what needs modded.

After it ships, I believe there will be a new surge of mods released which will specifically target BG:EE issues, so I will wait for them.
    Dragonspear
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    shawne said:

@triclops41: Silencing the "You Must Gather Your Party" man is worth the entire installation process.

I love that guy =(
    SophiaDragonspear
    Smaug said:

shawne said:

@triclops41: Silencing the "You Must Gather Your Party" man is worth the entire installation process.

I love that guy =(
    Haha same, never once picked the tweak to shut him up, hes part of the game! :p
    Dragonspear

Modless the first couple of times through... then I'll probably be asking for good mods right on these boards!

I'm kind of a stubborn guy when it comes to mods - either they are all as I want them to be, or I won't enjoy them too much. It's silly, I know, but perfection is all important when it comes to the perfect game! :o (dum dum duuuum)

I feel that, but I will be a first time father at the end of this year, which means probably only one BGEE playthrough. So I want to suck as much entertainment out of it as I can get!
    Soon all I will play is the changing diapers RPG...
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Vanilla BG:EE is all I need.
    SophiaRhulqdahrnoodles_too