Skip to content

Speech pack for the Enhanced Editions.

NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
Since for Dragonspear some of the old cast came back, why not do a speech pack?

This was very common back in the early 90s when CDs came around.

You could add speech to all major characters on BGEE and BG2EE with the old cast, and you can also expand it to all minor roles, including townspersons (they should have several voices so that they don't sound all the same).

Regarding Charname's name when it appears on conversation that can be ignored, which is what they did on older games that had the option of naming your character. Using a default name would hurt roleplaying.

So for instances a "Thanks for your help, CHARNAME." on speech would just be "Thanks for your help."

It could then be a DLC and of course optional on the game settings.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Although I won't be against it at all, I think that the voice over work costs a lot of money and any additional line would increase its cost.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Yeah I like the thought of having the actors come back to do all of the lines, but at the same time I can see difficulties in doing it. Aside from the costs of having all of the lines done, we couldn't necessarily guarantee that every one of the voice actors would return. It would be weird to have Minsc and Edwin fully voiced, but not Kaigan for example. It would probably have to be an all or nothing thing.