Skip to content

How long will it last between upgraded BG1-EE and SOD ?

SOD is expansion pack for BG1-EE which means Beamdog must implement new patch for BG1-EE first,

It looks like SOD will be released around Dec , for Christmas sales ,
Can I expect that we receive new patch for BG1-EE in Oct/E or Nov ? or the gap just couples days ?

New patch for BG1-EE is compatible for old saves ?

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    BGEE will probably be patched the same day SoD is released.

BGEE saved games will certainly be compatible with SoD and the new build.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Don't cross your fingers on a December release. It will released when it is ready.

As for the patches, I dont think the servers they use will handle two patches and an expansion at the same time. I am expecting a staggered release: BG:EE patched a week or so before the release date, SOD released, then a patch for BG2:ee a week or so later.

But I could be totally wrong. It will be interesting to see if the Shaman class is released with the BG:ee patch (ie for free) or if you'll need SoD to play it.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I am hoping the BG:EE patch is pushed ~2 weeks before SoD, that way I have enough time to do a Shaman play through.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I think it will most definitely be part of the expansion. A new class is a too big of a deal not to be used as a selling point.

So much so that I expect it to be ported onto BG2 as DLC.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I have a feeling that the new class will come with the patches, and not be SoD specific. Beamdog has released new kits as part of patches in the past without charging more, so I don't see why they would not do the same for a new class.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Kits, yes, but a new class is a much bigger deal. Kits are a dime a dozen because they can be modded in with relative ease.

But you can't mod in a new class. This is the first one to be added ever since the game came out in 2000. There are people planning to use it before even reading the liner notes.

All I'm saying is it would be a bit foolish (albeit really generous) of them to just give it away.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.