Skip to content

Stalker(Ranger Kit) Or Blade(Bard Kit)

2»

Comments

• Bboy2073Bboy2073 Member Posts: 38
    all the evilness makes me feel bad because I am rping my guy kinda arrogent and selfish but not evil and all my companions are really annoying because they get mad because I don't do "Evil stuff" Like kill people or slaughter innocents
  • Bboy2073Bboy2073 Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2015
    So I restarted my blade play through in BGEE so I could use bg1 npc pack And bg2 teaks and I am trying to form a solid party any recommendations
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Blade. You were raised in a library surrounded by monks that worship Oghma (God of Bards). I mean, what would a ranger due in a library besides hanging out with Nessie?
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Bboy2073 said:

I am debating on changing my party to pc-balde, Minsc-dps melee, yeslick-cleric,khalid- main tank(gloves of dex),Imoen-thief, and neera-damage caster

Be an 18 CHA rock star blade with a hot groupies. Branwen, Skie, Safana, Neera, and Viconia. Branwen can tank if you get her early and max her HP. Missile support is very weak.

Actually why not take a Dwarves Defender? Shorty saves plus the DD +2 when in DEFENSE MODE, not even Neera can mess you up! It's a match made in heaven, Neera accidentally fireballs your beard off and being the tough dwarf you just say, "NeeeeeerrrAAAAA!". Kind of like how Ricky yelled at Lucy on the I Love Lucy Show. I'm going to do this lol
  • sparrow13xsparrow13x Member Posts: 120
    I've always loved the concept of the Stalker but after soloing the game with a dual Berserker/Thief I'm having a hard time justifying playing a Ranger that tries to do basically the same thing but worse. The only thing a Stalker really has over a F/T (of any kind) is some minor divine spellcasting ability but once the thief gets UAI he can use scrolls which makes that upside redundant anyways.

Of course if you want to play a Ranger and don't care about power-gaming then this isn't going to deter you, but it's something to keep in mind.

As for the Blade his spins can be fun but ultimately you'll get spells (Prot from Magic weapons, Imp. Haste etc.) that won't make them as useful as a Skald would be in the end. The idea of a frontline Bard appeals to me too but the Skald song can really turn your party into a meat-grinder if you remember to use it.

Overall I'd say take the Blade over the Stalker, but if you're open to other options then take a Skald or F/T over both of them.