Skip to content

Help, Jaheira acts as if clicked twice every second, after rescurrecting her. (neera quest spoilers)

kaabrejnerkaabrejner Member Posts: 9
i was playing Neeras wild mage quest, and while raiding the red wizard hold Jaheira died. After rescurrecting her, she stops and says her lines such as "Nature's servant awaits" and "yes?" and such. It's as if im clicking her twice every second. I've tried restarting, reloading, rearranging party members, kicking her and reinviting her etc, and nothing seems to help :( Any suggestions?

I've tried:
Reloading save
Resting
Forcing dialogue by clicking her with the speech command thingy (nothing happened)
Moving her position in the party (right hand side of UI i moved her up and down)
Restarting PC and game
Rescurrecting her at a different location(i use the temple in waukeens the first time, and tried the one in the slums as well as one of the ones in temple district)

Somebody suggested to me on reddit that i started attacking her, but i would like to avoid this if possible. My last save is ~20 days back in game time so going back and hoping for her not to die is not something i would prefer

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited July 2015
    Try killing her and raising her maybe. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    or maybe use the cheat console and summon in another jaheira and just bump up the xp to where she was before
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    She may be trying to start dialogue with another npc? Kick all npcs out, go different place and raise her there?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    What script is she running?
  • kaabrejnerkaabrejner Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2015
    I've been out travelling since i started this thread, i came home and tried what you've suggested (apart from using cheat console), but still the same issue
    This is the save if anyone may find it useful (this save file, is from before i rescurrected her - thinking it may trigger on res or something?)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2015
    What spell/item are you using to resurrect her? I tried resurrecting her using the temple of ilmater (in waukeen's promenade) but that didn't cause any issues.
    elminster said:

What spell/item are you using to resurrect her? I tried resurrecting her using the temple of ilmater (in waukeen's promenade) but that didn't cause any issues.

That's what i use O.O
    I just tested to see again if it was just my memory, but i still get the bug, when using raise dead @ temple of ilmater in waukeen's <.<
    This save file, is right after i rescurrected her in the temple.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Any mods installed?
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    edited September 2015
    Imprisonment her and then cast freedom! Works like a charm!
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    edited September 2015
    If you don't have imprisonment or freedom. Take this file of my current character that I'm playing, place it in your character folder, take your save games, copy to mpsave, goto multiplayer, and add my character(he's a wild mage) then imprisonment, freedom!
    CHAR.zip 169.5K
    edited September 2015
    It definitely seems to be her script causing the problems but I am uncertain exactly which section is causing the problems. To rule out sections of jaheira.bcs I copied the text of the script into a text editor and I am deleting anything which will fail based on the variable values. Eventually, I should be able to narrow down where the problem is occurring and this will then tell us what to do to fix it.

update: found it. The section causing the problem from jaheria.bcs is

IF
    Global("PhaereInnuendo","GLOBAL",2)
    !Range("Phaere",6)
    Global("JaheiraMad2","LOCALS",0)
    OR(2)
    Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    StartDialogueNoSet([PC])
    END

The local variable JaheiraMad2 has a value of 0 because it is a local variable rather than a global one; given that all the other checks return true in this script means that Jaheira will continually try to initiate dialog with a PC. Since you have completed all the underdark sections she is probably trying to initiate a dialog choice that returns false because of the game variables.

Anyway, I added the statement

!Global("udDrowPlot","GLOBAL",100)

above the Or(2) statement and the game now loads without any problems. I uploaded the script into a 7-zip file (jaheira.7z) so you need only extract it and put the script in your override folder and you shouldn't have any problems.
    Post edited by Mathsorcerer on
    Well, I had to make an entirely new comment--apparently I cannot add an attachment to an existing comment which I am editing. *shrug*

Well, I had to make an entirely new comment--apparently I cannot add an attachment to an existing comment which I am editing. *shrug*

Wow, thank you alot !
    I'm surprised at the lengths you went to resolve this issue, and i am grateful ^^
    Now i can finally continue with my quest :)

Just one last question, where do i put this .bcs file?
    edited September 2015
    The script file goes into your override folder; **location of your BG2EE installation**\data\00783\override.

Truthfully, I didn't go to great lengths--I deleted half the script and it worked, so I deleted half of what remained, which failed, so I undid my delete and got rid of the other half, and so on until I narrowed it down to only a handful of sections then deleted each one and checked for failure until only one section remained. Some sections were easy to remove--Aerie isn't in the party so I can ignore anything with InParty("Aerie"), for example. It took about 30 minutes.
    Post edited by Mathsorcerer on

The script file goes into your override folder; \data\00783\override.

Truthfully, I didn't go to great lengths--I deleted half the script and it worked, so I deleted half of what remained, which failed, so I undid my delete and got rid of the other half, and so on until I narrowed it down to only a handful of sections then deleted each one and checked for failure until only one section remained. Some sections were easy to remove--Aerie isn't in the party so I can ignore anything with InParty("Aerie"), for example. It took about 30 minutes.

It works like a charm, once again thanks a lot :)
    You are welcome. Alora would say "happy to help" but I am not as cheerful as she is.