Skip to content

NWN2 OC/MotB Character build help.

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
So I recently beat NWN2:SoZ for the first time and now am going to play PoE: The White March while I try and decide what my char for the run of the OC and MotB should be. For my first run I'm going to not use mods as I like to rate a game based on base content as opposed to base content+mods. As I'm a huge fan of Necromancers I would definitely enjoy a necro-themed build. In SoZ I had Val'myr (my main char) as a Drow Cleric/Doomguide and it was SUPER cool. Hunting undead with the undead! Anyway, looking to try a different flavor now. Probably. I noticed the Pale Master isn't implemented properly (though I see Kaedrin's fixes this I'm avoiding using mods for now). With this, I saw it would be possible to create a cool Bard/Pale Master-thing as a psuedo-digesinger. Does anyone have experience with such a build? If this is a terrible idea do you have any recommendations for a Necro build? Also I'm not looking for optimization in the slightest, just a character that can beat the OC and MotB on "D&D Hardcore rules" as I believe the games labels the difficulty. It's the one above normal but below hard.

I've been looking on the NWN2 character database but also thought I'd ask here.

Also, I guess what I'm looking for when I say "necro-build" are:
Save-or-Die (love these spells)
Summoning Undead
Black Magick-themed debuffs (Blindness/Deafness, Enervation, things like that)

Comments

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    PM is generally only good as a one level dip.

I'd say you should try making a BG3/Sorc16/ASoC10/x1 build, where x1 can be Bard, Rogue, PM or some other useful one level dip. That's the classic armoured sorcerer build. You will need a modified score of 11 in UMD to wear Eldritch Knight armour in the OC and by the end of MotB you can get autostill 0-9 and cast in any armour you want with Stone/Iron Body on top of that. BG gets a skeleton on level 3 that is quite powerful during the teens and lasts for 24 hours.

If you want to focus on Save or Die spells, you can have a look at W6/RWoT10/ASoC10/x4 and pick necromancy as your school.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015
    Just avoid anything weak against undead (like a Weaponmaster, Swashbuckler, stabby-rogue or duellist).

A Doomguide would walk it.

There is some extra stuff for barbarians.