Skip to content

Replacement for Dorn

So, I'm currently playing with a Thief (Shadowdancer) -> Fighter, almost getting to the point where I get my Shadowdancer abilities back. I was using Dorn, Branwen, Xan, Imoen and Rasaad. My reputation got to 18 and Dorn left, so I subbed Branwen for Viconia, getting my reputation lower, then added Dorn again. It all seemed fine, until my reputation got up to 18 again when I did not expect and Viconia just vanished (taking good equipment with her). Pissed off, I just killed Dorn and got whatever equipment I could back. I could handle different alignments in BG2 (just become the Slayer, pronto) but it's a major pain in BG1 and one I'm not willing to deal with.

Now, I need someone to replace Dorn. I'm not sure *who* I should recruit, though. Yeslick sounded like my best option, but I did not recruit him back then and I flooded the mines, so... yeah. Any suggestions?

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

So, I'm currently playing with a Thief (Shadowdancer) -> Fighter, almost getting to the point where I get my Shadowdancer abilities back. I was using Dorn, Branwen, Xan, Imoen and Rasaad. My reputation got to 18 and Dorn left, so I subbed Branwen for Viconia, getting my reputation lower, then added Dorn again. It all seemed fine, until my reputation got up to 18 again when I did not expect and Viconia just vanished (taking good equipment with her). Pissed off, I just killed Dorn and got whatever equipment I could back. I could handle different alignments in BG2 (just become the Slayer, pronto) but it's a major pain in BG1 and one I'm not willing to deal with.

Now, I need someone to replace Dorn. I'm not sure *who* I should recruit, though. Yeslick sounded like my best option, but I did not recruit him back then and I flooded the mines, so... yeah. Any suggestions?

Well your choice of front line fighters are:
    Khalid
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Kivan
    Ajantis <-- maybe best choice

One or all of these might be too low level if you talked to them already.

Other alternatives:
    Faldorn
    Quayle
    Dynaheir
    Coran
    Garrick
    Neera

I left out the thieves as 3 would be overkill. Probably I would be dualing Imoen at 6 or 7 to be the second Mage and would take Ajantis or Faldorn in the 6th slot.

Hope this helps :)
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    I went with Ajantis, he was even neaby ^^
    Thanks!
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    You know you can just kill random people in bg1 to lower your rep right? I had like a rep of 2-3 before I even got to the first inn before.