Skip to content

Allocation of spells

wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
edited September 2015 in Feature Requests
Another request I doubt would ever be implemented, but would be nice is allowing spells to be allocated without the class having received that level in the 2da. Meaning, if I wanted to give a kit level 2 spells at the beginning, but leave the main class the same, I could just use the opcode for additional slots. The problem with that ocode is that it only adds slots if you already are able to cast spells at that level.
Post edited by wolpak on
Grammarsalad

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Yes, there are a few opcode requests that I have in mind. The more options the better

Now, just have to remember them
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    wolpak said:

Another request I doubt would ever be implemented, but would be nice is allowing spells to be allocated without the class having received that level in the 2da. Meaning, if I wanted to give a kit level 2 spells at the beginning, but leave the main class the same, I could just use the opcode for additional slots. The problem with that ocode is that it only adds slots if you already are able to cast spells at that level.

One thing that would be great is spell slot acquisition that works like hd determination.

That is, you have a 2da--let's call it splprog.2da--that determined what 2da determines slot acquisition (with a given default like hpwar.2da for warriors) coupled with the ability to create ones own 2da. Thus, bards (say) use brdmxspl.2da (or whatever it is called) and any newly created kit will automatically use that table.

Let's say that you create a bard kit with the internal name "CON". If you do nothing, then you have in splprog.2da:

CON brdmxspl
    But you could instead create your own progression titled " spellcon.2da" and have this in splprog.2da:

CON spellcon
    And your kit would use that 2da instead.

wolpak