Skip to content

Gamma World

the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
Did anyone else use to play this game? Am I the only one that thinks that it is high time that someone turned it into a CRPG on the order of Baldur's gate?

Yes, I know that Fallout 1-2 and Wasteland 1-2 are kinda-sorta in that realm. But it never felt quite the same to me. I'd love to see this game given the proper treatment such that you could go out and stomp some rad-monkeys or whatever with your mutant powers and fight some irradiated baddie and foil his plans to take over the post-apocalypse world.

I think that, even given the Infinity Engine, something really awesome could be made. And given the relatively small footprint of CRPG games in that world, yet seeing how popular the few choices are, there is a real opportunity to make something of this.

Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I thought this was gonna be about Hulk.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I still have the game… somewhere. "Top Secret" too!
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    edited September 2015
    Although I played D&D first, in my first year or so of gaming I spent FAR MORE time playing Gamma World than D&D. I love the setting, it really fired my imagination when I was 14.
    In my own setting, I still have a few rules/ideas I first got while playing Gamma World.

So yes, I would love to see a CRPG in that setting. Because someday, the Yexil's will rule the Earth...
    Post edited by atcDave on
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Ah, the Crep. And the giant gun-wielding rabbits in the picture!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I have a box in my closet that has:

Gamma World
    Paranoia
    Doctor Who (the role playing game)
    Stormbringer
    Champions

And on top of that I have a TON of Magic The Gathering cards. My miss-spent youth. How I miss it.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

I have a box in my closet that has:

Gamma World
    Paranoia
    Doctor Who (the role playing game)
    Stormbringer
    Champions

And on top of that I have a TON of Magic The Gathering cards. My miss-spent youth. How I miss it.

I have all of those except Stormbringer, though I also have Twilight 2000. When I was in the Army in Germany, we had a group playing T2K, that took a weird sense of humor.

Speaking of Gamma World, does anybody remember Gammarauders? Not a role-playing game, but a whole lotta fun anyhow. Squaaaaawk!
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    I also have Metamorphosis Alpha. Anyone else?