Skip to content

How will Siege of Dragonspear be integrated with the main BG:EE campaign?

BalladBallad Member Posts: 205
This is one of the first questions I could think of when I saw they were making a new expansion pack to BG:EE. So far, however, I have not found any official or unofficial word as to how SoD will be attached to the main game.

To reiterate myself, I am wondering whether all of SoD will take place AFTER you have completed the main game (ie. killed Sarevok under the city of Baldur's Gate) or whether the player will be able to access parts of the new campaign while still in the main game.

In other words, will it be like the Tales of the Sword Coast and the Heart of Winter, campaigns you can tackle and move to and fro freely within the main campaign, or will it be more like ToB minus Watcher's Keep, something you can only access after beating the main BG2 story? Or will it be a mix, featuring new content both during the main campaign and after it (ToB + Watcher's Keep)?

Now, I'd love to assume it's going to be the latter, allowing us to recruit the new party members and enjoy some of the new continent from the get-go, but this is probably wishful thinking.

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    The impression I've been getting is that it's going to be more like ToB, but I can't remember any official statement. There might be an answer in one of the "known information" threads though.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    It's ToB style.

All the content (besides new class and spells) will only be available after Sarevok is defeated.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    ToB style was confirmed during the announcement stream.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    deltago said:

It's ToB style.

So theres a common dungeon that can be accessed from the addon and the BG1 content ?
    That would be ToB style
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yamcha said:

deltago said:

It's ToB style.

So theres a common dungeon that can be accessed from the addon and the BG1 content ?
    That would be ToB style
    That wasn't part of the integration. That was to let people access the new dungeon from SoA.