Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Black Angel, 1980, the previously lost film that played before Empire Strikes Back has been found

AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
edited May 2015 in Off-Topic
I post this since most here weren't around to see it in the theatre (and in the UK), including me. Being a neat little fantasy short that like so many other fantasy movies, have fed into various game designs, art, plots, mods, etc., I thought I would share it here:

"Back in 1980, George Lucas wanted a film to play with Empire Strikes Back in the UK and ended up commissioning then art director Roger Christian to make it. Christian, who had set-directed Star Wars, and art-directed both Alien and Monty Python’s The Life Of Brian, made the short film in Scotland and titled it Black Angel. The film is a swords-and-sorcery tale of a knight traversing a plague-stricken land with many elements of dream imagery and mythical archetypes woven throughout. "

article about it (Black Angel, 1980):
http://www.avclub.com/article/previously-lost-film-played-empire-strikes-back-ha-219359

direct link to YT:

Post edited by Adso on
AristilliusTeflonBalrog99JuliusBorisovelminsterdunbarSheennoobi

Comments