Skip to content

Contact with other plane - - Spell

cbones9889cbones9889 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 41
Is there a use to the spell 'Contact with other Planes'? I have been trying this spell out but I have not seen any unique or insightful information the spell has granted.

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited September 2015
    There's one place in Heart of Winter where you can get a piece of information that leads to a unique item. There might be other things like that, but that's the only one I know about.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I don't recall all the responses but the planar spirit does have something interesting to say in every area you visit, even the non-HoW/TotLM areas in the game.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I believe the might come in handy in Dorn's Deep as well.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I just checked--the planar spirits have a *lot* to say about a lot of things. It shouldn't be surprising they have so much insight, though--they are on the outside looking in and from their lofty perch they see many things which would be hidden to mortal eyes.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I always use it for roleplaying reasons - I might know that the elven projection at the Severed Hand's bridge is Larrel, but my characters don't. Too bad it's only been implemented in HoW, I might have used it a lot when I first played IWD.
  • cbones9889cbones9889 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 41
    Thanks everyone! I will keep on using the spell and see what information I can find.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    DJKajuru said:

Too bad it's only been implemented in HoW, I might have used it a lot when I first played IWD.

Seems I got some memories mixed up in my previous post!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Generally the spell isn't very useful, but I do like summoning the planar spirit just to hear what it can say.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Calmar said:

DJKajuru said:

Too bad it's only been implemented in HoW, I might have used it a lot when I first played IWD.

Seems I got some memories mixed up in my previous post!
    I didn't mean that you can't use it in IWD, I meant that it was the expansion that made it available at Orrick's.