Skip to content

Single click sometimes double click

I am playing BG2EE, latest patch.

I have an issue where the game is a little quicker than it should be it seems. When I do a single click, its sometimes interpreted as a double click, so I routinely put back in a single click an item Im trying to move in my inventory, and sometimes I think my orders in combat get messed up because of this. It feels like the game is a little too fast but it could also entirely be an issue about the detection of mouse clicks, I'm not sure.

Any known issues I should know about or possible fixes? Or is it entirely on my end?

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    What device are you playing on? Seems most likely to be a hardware issue to me...
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited October 2015
    A desktop PC. Windows 7 64 bit, Intel cpu, AMD GPU r290, 16Gb ram. All stuff that ought to be pretty standard in a gaming PC, so this one has me scratching my head if I'm the only one who ran into the problem.

CPU and GPU are overclocked, former through bios, latter through CCC. Any chance the game reacts poorly to that?
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Huh... I figured you'd be on touch-screen (I've had some similar - but less severe - issues on my phone). Sorry, I've got nothing...
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Which mouse do you use? Had the same issue with Logitech performance MX. Taking out the batteries and clicking both buttons rapidly for 30 seconds solved it. Apparently it was mechanical tension build-up in the spring.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited October 2015
    Logitech G500

edit: DOH youre right. It stops happening if I switch the 'mouse mode' with the little button in the middle. The mouse feels a little different but double clicks arent happening now! Thanks!