Skip to content

Why can't we preorder BG:EE and BG:EE2 together?

gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Title says it all

Comments

• Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    For the same reason we cant preorder BG:EE3. It isnt done yet.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Duh.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Why? For money.
    That may be stupid answer, but then again I'm sure had you gave your question a minute of thought, you would come up with answer yourself. BG2:EE is not done yet, and there is not even release date annouced.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    I gave it a thought, preordering would give beamdog the kickstarter treatment. And it saves the minor annoyance of ordering the second game.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    It's not like there haven't been previous games that had preorders before the release date was known. Diablo III comes to mind. Since beamdog is already commited to releasing BG2EE I really can't see why they wouldn't put it up for preorder. After all, on their end it's free money.

Besides, from some of the comments from the 'this is the same as BG with mods' faction, $18 for a preorder is a big deal for some people, so they need the extra time to save up.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012
    I normally do not pre-order games as I see it foolish to spend money on something you nor anyone else has even played.

That said, I made an exception for BG:EE for a few reason. 1) To show support for this kind of game, which no other developers are making, 2) Forum Badge, 3) Price Break, 4) I already know what to expect and what I'm getting and 5) To give BD a few extra bucks to spend now if they need it.

All four of those reasons are reasons to pre-order BG2:EE ASAP.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Well there is a release date for BG2:EE it's 2013... :D not a very specific date but ...
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    @bigdogchris same here, sceptical of pre-orders after a few bad calls.

But i want a nice smooth run of bg on my gamingrig that`s not 14 years old, And i want more games like this.
    So Beamdog has attained Hero status in my eyes and i`m buying copies for everyone, except you guys here...
    And i would think it strange if they started pre-order on bg2 before bg1 was done.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    edited September 2012
    Well I really would like to play the game and wait for the sequel a bit, so the devs will have more time to polish everything up properly, am I right? Let them have their time, so it just will not be a catastrophe for the ones most interested - us, gamers. What's more: should this game turn out not to be more satisfying than BGT or Tutu, I have a choice to ignore the sequel, thus save money.
    @Tr_ond
    Yeah Im telling you this game at this price is perfect for birthday presents and stocking stuffers
    @immagikman Aye, they even made buying extra copies a mini-game by not adding an option to buy more than 1 copy at a time. It`s a great reason to memorize your visa card details! ;) Beamdog rules!
    Tr_ond said:

@immagikman Aye, they even made buying extra copies a mini-game by not adding an option to buy more than 1 copy at a time. It`s a great reason to memorize your visa card details! ;) Beamdog rules!

Yeah... I was gonna mention that to someone too....
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83

Well there is a release date for BG2:EE it's 2013... :D not a very specific date but ...

I probably missed something (again), but isn't BG2:EE not even confirmed?

• JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Tr_ond said:

It`s a great reason to memorize your visa card details! ;) Beamdog rules!

You mean you don't have it memorized already?
  • sharpiejassharpiejas Member Posts: 35
    Would be great if we all got a discount on future releases for pre-ordering
    @Jolanthus I memorize it several times a year. My brain periodically throws out useful everyday info i need to know while keeping old useless info i haven`t needed in 10 years. If it weren`t for other people i`d forget my own, wait. are those my feet? i like cake!!
    neur0 said:

BG2:EE is confirmed and committed to....it WILL happen. @Trent has mentioned it a few times.
    neur0 said:

@TrentOster has said it`s happening regardless of how bg1 ee sells, they are committed and under contract to make it so.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I would preorder BG2EE if the option was available. Even if the release date was postponed to 2014 instead of some day next year.

As mentioned above it would be no different from Kickstarter.
    I would too, But maybe they want to spread they`re income out a bit rather than having it all in one go?
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    Our partners aren't really comfortable with us pre-selling the games too far in advance of launch.
    -Trent
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    The cries of entitled people would clog up Beamdog/Overhaul's email boxes with "y gaem not done yet??!11?!" every so often if pre-orders were available this far ahead of time. Also, a lot of unforeseen bad things can happen from now until development of BGII:EE starts/finishes and having taken money for a product that doesn't see the light of day would be very... bad.