Skip to content

Advice on dealing with Draconis please (spoilers)

The situation is this: I can chop up his human form and all his summons easily but when he assumes dragon form I keep getting my chewed up backside handed to me on a plate.

I've got one fighter that can stand toe-to-toe with him and do serious damage without getting wing-buffeted, but Draconis just keeps going invisible and healing himself.

I can keep my two casters (Edwin and Viconia) out of harms way but their spells just bounce off him, and Breach etc. doesn't seem to have any effect. Their summons (Planetar etc.) can hurt him but again he just does the invisible/heal trick.

I've got a sneaking feeling that I need to try either Time Stop or a Sequencer - neither of which I've ever used before (I'm ashamed to admit).
Am I thinking along the right lines? Any advice about using the aforementioned spells would be welcome.
lolien

Comments

• AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    cast time stop and improved alacrity
    keep a spell strike at handy, since sequencers fire off even when the time is stopped
    then murder his ass with whatever you want really. Sequencers are mostly unnecessary.
    dunbarlolien
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Do you have a thief? Just spam some traps (spiked ones are better) and saw him die in 2 seconds ;)
    dunbarlolien
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    If I recall correctly, the cleric (and druid?) spell True Sight will reveal his position immediately. If you can cast that and pack a few Lower Resistance spells, a few basic damaging spells should do the trick.

Otherwise, Breach, Pierce Magic and Ruby Ray of Reversal are all great spells if you want to take him down with physical damage. Put some improved haste or greater whirlwind if applicable, combined with a planetar and a few other summons (as long as he doesn't cast death spell) and he should die.

Honestly, Draconis might be the trickiest enemy to figure out in the game, despite him not having a major role.
    dunbarrecklessheartlolien
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Thanks for the advice one and all. I'll try these tactics out this evening and give feedback later.
    Cheesebelly
    @Almateria Thanks, Time Stop was the key, which gave Edwin time to summon a Dark Planetar, which in turn gave Viconia time to summon a Fallen Diva while Edwin stripped the magical protection away and all but one of my fighters wandered around in a daze - that was one hell of a fight!
    CheesebellyJuliusBorisovlolienSkatan
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I have always found Draconis to be the toughest fight in ToB, if not in the entire game..! Glad to see you overcame him in the end.
    dunbarlolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Cloak of the Sewers.

One character gets 99% damage resistance and does about 1HP of damage per hit.

Have him tank Draconis, while everyone else kills him.
    dunbarlolienArunsun
    And presumably a thief with UAI and Cloak of the Sewers could manage abit more damage as well.