Skip to content

That One Enemy...

2»

Comments

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Noobacca said:

How has no one mentioned Mind Flayers? You can cheese Beholders but Mind Flayers still give me nightmares after all these years.

I completely agree! And I'm surprised that there were so many posts before someone mentioned mind flayers. I hate those guys...
    It's because vanilla flayers all have like 2 hit points and one lvl 5 cleric spell renders all their psionic abilities completely useless. Chaotic Commands is your friend. They can still drain INT, but it doesn't matter because they die so fast.
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Anything that casts imprisonment. Especially if they aren't undead. So high level mages basically. Can't think of a single non-boss enemy that's too difficult beyond that... All have their counters, but unless either a mage or a berserker you cannot immune yourself to imprisonment... Best approach I know of (if I can't just kill them fast) is using a wall of summoned creatures from various items (djinn bottle, silver horn, khittix)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited October 2015
    The One Enemy?
    BG1: Ettercaps
    BG2: Hmm ToB EE content spoiler
    the dual Silver Dragon fight in Dorn Quest. A real pain in the neck when soloing/duoing

BP2: The Winged. Who at beamdog thought a Planetar with -26AC, Vorpal hits, Retribution damage, instant cast heal and 272 HP on top of a wide arsenal of high level priest spells (and a Comet) would be nice to deal with?????
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    @Arunsun

BP2: The Winged. Who at beamdog thought a Planetar with -26AC, Vorpal hits, Retribution damage, instant cast heal and 272 HP on top of a wide arsenal of high level priest spells (and a Comet) would be nice to deal with?????

What? You don't like a challenge? Wimp!

Hmm, if my off-the-cuff math is correct, using Ravager +6, halberd grandmastery and GWW you have a 1 in 10 chance of landing a hit, with each hit having a 10% chance of an insta-kill. That's a good 1% chance of winning per hit scored. Seems reasonable.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Disclaimer (No Mods):

BG1: Kobold Commandos and/or Spiders (Honorable Mention..........skeletons)

Both of these have high Thac0 values for the level you fight them at, and the fire or poison damage hurt like hell.

The skeletons, well, I'm a sword and board fan........Don't like having to break out blunt weapons. Or watching all my ranged missile weapons get relatively absorbed).

BG2: Vampires: Look, I know there are a lot of ways to get rid of and prevent level drain. Even knowing where the packs of these things spawn, and having Amulet of Power and Mace of Disruption, I still hate them. Every time I make a new paladin, I seriously consider Undead Hunter over Cavalier, just because of them.