Skip to content

If any of you make this mistake, here's how I fixed mine.

Out of curiosity, I ran a WeiDu .exe for a custom kit, designed for vanilla, into EE. The .exe crashed and said it installed nothing, but on character creation, I noticed this.
All EE kits were grayed out and the strings unrecognizable.

I uninstalled BG2:EE on Steam, but the problem recurred. Only after uninstalling SCS, my only mod, and then uninstalling and reinstalling BG2:EE again, was I able to fix the problem.

So, don't run mods that weren't designed for EE, on EE. But if you do, a clean install including uninstalling all mods should fix it.

Comments

• MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    In both BG:EE and BG2:EE you can find a button at the bottom right corner of the first window before you launch the game

You can repair the installation and the game will be brand new much faster than uninstalling and reinstalling it. It will wipe out all your modifications including the override folder. The only thing that will be left are the folders of the mods which will be empty.

I bought the games from Beamdog but I suppose it works the same for Steam maybe?!?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I've never seen that screen before on either my Steam installations or my hard disc versions.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    It's not in the GoG version either.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    That screen is beautiful!