Skip to content

Druid Stronghold - Jaheira receives Staff of Thunder, but Cernd doesn't

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
I don't think it was intentional, after all the staff is indeed a prize for defeating Faldorn. However, the dialogue which follows Cernd's victory does not include giving the staff.

Can it be corrected officially, or at least is there a way I can do it manually through Near Infinity?

Thanks

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2015
    It seems rather odd that bioware would give specific dialogue and have specific variables for Cernd, dialogue that (unlike the other dialogue) doesn't specifically mention any reward, if it wasn't their intention that he not get a reward. It also has a unique journal entry as well (which likewise doesn't mention a reward, while the other journal entries for you/jaheira do). The thinking here might have been that there was a specific expectation of Cernd to intervene, since he had been sent there by his grove, whereas you (and Jaheira) weren't. But generally though (as a matter of personal opinion) I agree that it is an oversight.

Anyways, I'm not certain if this is something you can do in Near Infinity. But when I have the spare time (in maybe 16 or so hours) I'll just post a weidu mod that will modify the dialog to grant it.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Thank you @elminster !
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Yay! Thanks again!