Skip to content

Assassin hit points - possible bug?

Started a game of Black Pits in which I tried out the Assassin thief kit for the first time. Won the first proper battle and levelled all my heroes up... my Assassin who had level 1 hp of 8 (6 plus 2 from 16 constitution bonus) suddenly gained 16 hit points (completely inexplicably) to have a whopping 24 hit points on a par with my warriors!

Now I don't really mind but just think I am breaking the rules a bit too much with this... anyone else noticed this with their assassin? does this persist past level 2? Also is this a known bug and any rectification to this?

Thanks guys

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited October 2015
    Sounds like the assassin is level 3, while others are level 2. Thieves & Bards gain levels faster than other classes. For example, a thief only needs 1,250 XP for level 2 while a fighter needs 2,000 XP and a wizard needs 2,500 XP. A thief will be 3rd level at 2,500 XP, so if your party wizard is level 2, then the thief is probably level 3.
    JuliusBorisovdr_muds
  • dr_mudsdr_muds Member Posts: 75
    Oh the other thing was I received 30 thieving points rather than the 15 I should have got for the level up... Double what an assassin should get! Am surprised no-ones noticed this before as it seems to be a spammable benefit.
  • dr_mudsdr_muds Member Posts: 75
    Doh! Noob mistake. Original 1998 player however having played for ages. Revisiting with the upcoming update. Thanks but can't believe I made that error lol.
    JuliusBorisovDragonspearSkatan