Skip to content

Cloakwood Mines

Hey guys. What I want to know is, basically, when it would be the best time to go into Cloakwood Mines. I've heard it's a pretty tough fight with a load of levels in it, so I was just wondering what kind of level you should be before going for it. I'm raring for a good fight in the game, but my party's levels range only from 5-6 and I'm not too keen on getting completely wiped out. Advice is welcomed!

Thanks.

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    You should be fine at that level, but there's a fight you need to win in order to get into the mines in the first place which will give you a taster of the difficulty level ahead.
    JuliusBorisovDragonspear
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    You should be able to get through the Cloakwood areas around level 4 and as mentioned, there's a fight right before you go into the mines that will test your party. If you can get through that fight without any casualties then you should be fine to go in, as most of the enemies you'll fight aren't any tougher than that encounter in the mines until the very end.

At levels 5-6 you shouldn't have any trouble as long as you have a spellcaster in your party.
    JuliusBorisovMirageatcDaveHudzy
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81

You should be able to get through the Cloakwood areas around level 4 and as mentioned, there's a fight right before you go into the mines that will test your party. If you can get through that fight without any casualties then you should be fine to go in, as most of the enemies you'll fight aren't any tougher than that encounter in the mines until the very end.

At levels 5-6 you shouldn't have any trouble as long as you have a spellcaster in your party.

I agree with @thelovebat, you are more than ready. I would say though that you are ready even if you make the mentioned fight with a couple of casualties :smile:
    Hudzythelovebat
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I've been to the cloakwood mines around level 3 or 4 and managed to take them down, just remember if you are going to go to an area where you think you are under leveled, use potions, scrolls and wands if necessary, that is how I took out the cloakwood mines at level 3 or so ( and if you're asking why was I there at such a low level the answer is; I ran through the game as quickly as possible so I could get to the team mates in bg the city at the lowest level possible so I could have better customization of their abilities)
    JuliusBorisov
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @sarevok57 brings up a great point, as not everyone will be like me and have most of the map completed (outside of expansion zones and BG itself) before the cloakwood mines.

If you be line your way towards cloakwood, definitely use your potions/scrolls etc. That said, by the time you're at the bottom of the cloakwood mines, you'll likely want some way to dispel magic or have a decent stockpile of magic blocking/resistance potions available for a front liner.
    JuliusBorisov
  • You can also get through the bottom level through judicious use of poison if you have a Blackguard, Assassin, or a stockpile of Darts of Wounding.