Skip to content

*SPOILER* Help! I cant end the game!

fataljasminefataljasmine Member Posts: 17
*SPOILERS*

Im stuck at the end of the final battle. I have Imoen, Afaaq, Varshoom, and Tyris Flare romanced. Solar appears, tells me i have a choice, takes Imoens bhaal essence, Afaaq speaks a couple of lines, then the game breaks! The dialogue stops and Melissan is showed as a lifeless body with the hostile status, and Solar just stands there like an idgit and wont talk to me :( something glitching. is there some line of code I can put into the console commands that will bypass this and let me see the endings?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited October 2015
    @fataljasmine Bugs in dialogs aren't easy to fix. If you simply want to skip the remaining part of the dialog and finish the game, then you can enter one of the the following lines into the game console:
    C:Eval('StartCutScene("cut233i")')if you want to become a good god(dess), or
    C:Eval('StartCutScene("cut233i2")')if you want to become an evil god(dess), or
    C:Eval('StartCutScene("cut233i3")')if you want to stay mortal.

To help finding the bug, I'd need more information. Can you do the following?
    1. Open a Command Prompt and navigate to the game's installation folder, e.g. cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783" or wherever BG2:EE is located.
    2. Create the file "weidu.exe" from one of the many "setup-xxx.exe" files in this folder, e.g. copy /b setup-DjinniCompanion.exe weidu.exe
    3. Call the following command: weidu --transitive finsol01.dlg. It should generate the file finsol01.d in the current directory.
    4. Attach the resulting (zipped) file "finsol01.d" to your post.

It would greatly help to narrow down the problem.