Skip to content

SoD continuity in BG2 Lore

I know the actual answer is because BG2 was released a full 15 years befor SoD, but will there be a cannon reason why the Shining lady and her army are never mentioned in BG2? OR...will she turn into a joinable npc and come with you for bg2 if you fulfill certain requirements and that's why she isn't mentioned? :P

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I'd be surprised (well, maybe not surprised) if they didn't retroactively add some SoD references to BG2:EE, especially since they're patching the game to add the Shaman in anyway.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I think that while when they worked on BG2EE they couldn't change the existing content due to the contracts, it's obvious that now when there will be an expansion based on the old bioware files there indeed should be changes to BG2 to reflect the events from SoD, maybe not only the Shining lady but other things (we're still to find what are they about).

Also, I think, adding to non-EE BG2 NPCs (I mean not the party members but NPCs in the world) phrases about the SoD events is not changing the content, it's adding new lines.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    There are already some references in BGII:EE.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Jalily I think @Baxyratty means adding more referencies that there're in BG2EE now.