Skip to content

Tomes in SoD?

Would so love it if there were some Tomes in SoD. Anyone have an idea?

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    doubt it.

Unless they do min/max tomes. +1 to STR -2 to Int (for example)
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    I *think* it was in the stream, during the Q&A phase, where it was said that there wouldn't be Tomes in SoD
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    It was already answered in this topic (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42417/permament-ability-scores-increases) that there will be no tomes.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Probably no chance of starting a new character in the expansion and traveling to Bg1 areas to get the tomes either, I would imagine.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    You want MORE stat increases?
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    edited October 2015
    @Kilivitz

Considering the exponential nature of stat bonuses, it doesn't surprise me that some players may look for more.

With that said though, you can get 20s in every stat just via watchers keep. Heck, if you're a cleric and take the good route in Hell, I think you can cap at 24 outta 25 Wisdom. Which is one of the few reasons I wish I could bring myself to play a fighter/cleric over a paladin =/

I guess what I should do, is just play a fighter dualed cleric at like 7, and pick Helm (EE Keeper), so that I get to use SOME sort of sword.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Fighters can actually get grand mastery in a weapon, then dual to Druid and fully complete the druid spell progression.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    PugPug said:

Fighters can actually get grand mastery in a weapon, then dual to Druid and fully complete the druid spell progression.

True but you need to use a weapon that isn't prohibited when you take your first druid level. So if you have grand mastery in two handed sword you can no longer use it once you take any druid levels. That's what Dragonspear was referring to, he wishes he could play a fighter/cleric but clerics can't wield edged weapons.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    GoodSteve said:

PugPug said:

True but you need to use a weapon that isn't prohibited when you take your first druid level. So if you have grand mastery in two handed sword you can no longer use it once you take any druid levels. That's what Dragonspear was referring to, he wishes he could play a fighter/cleric but clerics can't wield edged weapons.
    Druids get scimitar though. There is your edged weapon + divine spells. Downside it is druid spells.