Skip to content

[ios] Hostile Orcs should not continue to follow player character after using Hide in Plain Sight

MearsMears Member Posts: 2
edited December 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
New game, single player, Shadowdancer, Heart of Fury difficulty.

Gain some exp (to be able to Hide in Shadows with thief skills), killing the beetles in the cellar is sufficient, solo, in Heart of Fury.

1. Go to the cave east of East of Easthaven with the missing caravan crates.

2. Enter combat or be seen by any orcs.

3. Hide in Shadows.

The hostile orcs do not attack but continue to follow the character and walk into them. This does not stop.

The wolves outside the cave do not do this and stop engaging as normal.

Leaving the cave seems to have the orcs stop walking into the hidden character, even if they follow through the exit. Appearing so they attack, once outside, and then hiding again results in the walking into the character behaviour again, still only from the orcs.

This happens at various character levels, and with other characters in party.

Playing on Ipad Mini.

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I got a similar issue (with iPad version) in 4th level of the Dragon's Eye.
    I used Invisibility, 10' Radius, so all my party members were invisible, and all the enemies were following, but not attaccking, us.
  • MearsMears Member Posts: 2
    Yeah the behaviour is a lot like when an enemy walks to the last point it had seen a now invisible/hidden character,
    except in the above cases, the point acts like it is centred on the character and continually refreshes.
  • JustLeftJustLeft Member Posts: 76
    Same issue for PC.

Same thing happens with a lot of enemies from what I noticed. Orcs in East Haven, YuanTi, Neo Orogs at Upper Dorn.