Skip to content

Who's Your Favourite Good NPC ?

LockLock Member Posts: 84
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Who's your favourite good NPC from the original game ?
  1. Who's Your Favourite Good NPC ?152 votes
    1. Ajantis
        3.29%
    2. Alora
        1.32%
    3. Coran
        3.95%
    4. Dynaheir
        2.63%
    5. Imoen
      21.71%
    6. Khalid
        5.92%
    7. Kivan
      10.53%
    8. Minsc
      33.55%
    9. Yeslick
        3.29%
    10. Ye goody goodies make me sick!
      13.82%

Comments

• LockLock Member Posts: 84
    I predict a landslide victory in this category ... *cough*unhinged-hampster-lover*cough*
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    For the moment, unhinged-ladies-lover is going stronger ;)
  • WonKoWonKo Member Posts: 72
    No contest.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Khalid FTW!
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Minsc was one of my favorite characters to bring along 'til the end. It was always difficult to choose between him and Edwin, but in the end regardless of which I chose Dynaheir ended up dying somehow.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    I love me some Kivan, though I may be biased because Rob Paulsen is pretty much my favorite voice actor. :P
  • MarkosMarkos Member Posts: 30
    and Boo stand ready.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Allways evil!
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    Minsc is fun , but Kivan just wrecks stuff.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Kivan.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited September 2012
    I may have to create a Ranger/Cleric half-elf multi and recruit Minsc, Kivan, and Coran to go with Dynaheir and Imoen. I'll keep Khalid and Jaheira for the Nashkel mines, then send them to Friendly Arm before rescuing Xan. Three Rangers (one as a hybrid) could be fun to wreck stuff with. Might have to send Dynaheir into a room and keep Xan instead. Hmm...That sounds like a fun plan really, recruiting Kivan and Coran after the mines, and after sending Dynaheir to a town to...freshen up after the gnolls and mines (Using the unparty and run exploit of course).
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Kivan is just awesome!!

I actually enjoy Ajantis. And Coran is growing on me. Yeslick is cool too, love that guy.

Also, very funny option "Ye goody goodies make me sick!" haha very good reference, well played. :)
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    squashes the competition.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    He's entertaining, young almost teenage paladin so holy.
  • Dynaheir. For her power and her portrait mostly...now if only she was Sorcerer instead of an Invoker she would be perfect.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    What, no Boo? Everyone knows that Minsc is just the muscles. Boo is the brains, therefor Boo should be recognized!
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Minsc, obviously. My favorite NPC has to be Xzar, however.

Who knew?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    C'mon! Kivan has the cool face tattoo ala Tyson! Kivan did it first though... Tyson's just a poser.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    My favorite good NPC is Imoen, because she doesn't bitch and quit my party when I go murder a bunch of people like the rest of them goody-goodies.

Gotta love loyal friends. Right?
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Minsc. Closely followed by Imoen. I may have to give kivan another go though he seems a lot better than I remember him being.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Minsc will lead(This Poll) with blade and boot! Boo will take care of the details.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Imoen. She's always in my party. The only time I didn't use her as an NPC was when I created her as my CHARNAME and played as her.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes! RAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Imoen.
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    Minsc for sure. In BG2 however it's Keldorn.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Am glad my choice has the second highest poll count *hue hue hue*
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    Minsc is Minsc, and Boo is Boo. But Imoen is a Bhaalspawn! =P
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    From the first game it is Minsc without a doubt. BGI Imoen was annoying, but I think she was my favorite in BGII. Her personality became more dynamic, and I loved it when she told Aerie that the slayer just wanted a cookie ;).
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    In terms of liking them for their 'good'liness, Minsc. He was good through and through, though I rarely played with him. I find he's a bit tedious after a couple of playthroughs.
    In terms of who is actually my favourite? I dunno. Dynaheir, probably. Although I enjoyed Alora as a niche character, and had Imoen and Minsc on several occassions. I think Kivan is a bit boring - too many people crush on him, even though he has very little to say and nothing of much interest to contribute. He is an absolute slayer, though!
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Kivan is a constant in my BG1 gamers, regardless of PC alignment.