Skip to content

Unable to dual wield with bastard sword

Is it not considered a one hand sword? Says so in game. Anyway, game won't let me dual wield with one. Any ideas why? Also, what weapon/s do you think are best for my fighter to be proficient in? Thanks. The BG series is my all time favorite game/s. It's been many years since playing them though so have forgot much about the rules it uses.

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited June 2014
    Hmmm... I seem to be able to. Make sure you can dual wield something else, like a longsword or shortsword. You can't dual wield with a two-hande weapon, or missile weapon, in the quick weapon slot.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello, @Vigilark‌ !

The bastard sword is a one-handed weapon and can be dual-wielded. If you can't take a weapon into your second hand then there should be a ranged or two-handed weapon in one of the weapon slots for the first hand. Take this ranged or two-handed weapon off, put it into your inventory and you'll be able to dual-wield.

Regarding the weapon choices I advice you to read these threads:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32281/if-you-could-only-have-one-weapon-out-of-these-which-one-would-it-be#latest

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32286/what-actually-are-the-best-weapons-for-a-solo-kensage-to-wield#latest
  • VigilarkVigilark Member Posts: 50
    Yeah, I was able to dual wield 2 daggers. Um, I might have had a bow in the quick slot along with the bastard sword. I'll recheck later.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    You aren't using any kind of tweak pack/mods right? (BG2 tweaks has a component that lets you switch between one handed use and two handed use when it comes to bastard swords).
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited June 2014
    elminster said:

You aren't using any kind of tweak pack/mods right? (BG2 tweaks has a component that lets you switch between one handed use and two handed use when it comes to bastard swords).

If that tweak is activated, the bastard sword would look like a 2-handed sword on the paperdoll (long blade pointed towards the ground).
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    elminster said:

Does this grant a damage bonus, or is it just a switch between one handed and two handed style ?