Skip to content

Deepstone Shadow Dimension can't be finished bug

GentblueGentblue Member Posts: 39
edited September 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Has it been noted that Deepstone still cannot be finished? At least it can't on a Mac (Yosemite). I enclose an autosave just before entering the shadow dimension and a screenshot of the dimension portal graphic showing but it not being active. No mods are installed and it is up-to-date. It used to be finishable, though I am not sure whether I finished it without doing the Rasaad romance.
Post edited by Gentblue on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Gentblue you've attached the SoA autosave instead of ToB (00000003-Auto-Save-ToB)
  • GentblueGentblue Member Posts: 39
    Lol! Sorry! Here is the correct save!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited September 2015
    @Gentblue
    You picked the Wheel of Obliteration up, and equipped it then used it near the portal? Worked for me.

If not, here's a save on return.
    Cheers
    edited September 2015
    I did this, the portal appeared as the photograph in my first post but was unusable as I mentioned in my first post and showed in the graphic. I have completed this quest without problems once before. This has the smell of another Mac-only bug... Thank you for the save though.
    Post edited by Gentblue on
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    The wheel opens the portal, but you're not required to actually walk through it. Keep killing enemies near the portal and a cutscene will happen eventually.
    No, it doesn't unfortunately. This is a easily replicated bug on Macs.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Gentblue

Ok, what am I Missing:

Mac OSX - El Capitan, MBP Late 2007.

I load up your saved game and it immediately starts up a fight with Shadow Fiends.
    I kill them.
    Rassad Automatically starts up a conversation with me and I choose to go into the portal with him.
    Party enters the portal and is attacked by fiends.
    I kill them.
    I move east into the next room where Algo says some crap.
    More fiends
    More Killing
    I move south and then west into Algo's room.
    Enemies Appear.
    I kill the big guy and take Algo down to "Near Death"
    Rassad / Algo start a conversation about it's death.
    I open the Quick loot bar and pick up the Wheel
    Algo starts another conversation about the wheel.
    I exit the chamber back east, north and west to the entry room.
    There's an emote about the wheel vibrating with energy.
    I equip and use the wheel.
    The portal opens, Algo starts a last conversation, the fiends attack him and I exit through the portal in a cutscene.
    I appear back in the Dwarves location and Bentaxe starts a conversation with me ending the sequence.

I've done it three times now and all three times it's been successful.

Any idea what's going on or what I'm missing? Are there parts of the above you are/are not doing? I do have developer / debug mode on and am using Ctrl-Y to kill enemies, but I don't think that should matter.

The only "issue" I noticed was a repeating conversation loop with Algo / Rassad after killing the dragon and before picking up the wheel. About every 5 seconds or so Rassad would re-initiate the conversation taunting Algo about the dragon being dead and him being next. Other than that, the act plays out clean for me.

--Illydth
    I just got it to work successfully now too with El Capitan installed. Was it something to do with Yosemite? Does anyone who has not updated (I also disabled the rootless) have the previous problem?