Skip to content

my game be a crashing

XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
ok so im trying to do the thanlantyr and melicamp quest but then melicamp dies and my game crashes please help

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Ermmm ... you'll probably need to be more specific. When does Melicamp die? Is it because the wolf kills him (on the map where you first meet him) before you've collected him? Or do you mean after you've taken him to Thalantyr, that your game is crashing if the Antichickenator spell fails? Or some other time?

I've no idea what causes your problem, but being more specific might help someone else to help you.
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
    When the antichickenator fails
    Ah. Okay, that's a random chance (as you probably realise) - sometimes the spell will succeed and Melicamp will survive, other times he'll die.

Obviously, however, the game isn't supposed to crash if he dies. Is it immediate? Or after a little while, or a further dialogue, or a purchase from Thalantyr, or on exiting High Hedge, or any other specific condition?

I've still no idea what's wrong, but further narrowing down might still help someone else to figure it out.
    Immediately crashes
    Well that certainly sounds as if there's a bug in there somewhere, but obviously not one which always applies, since it doesn't happen to me, and presumably doesn't happen to many people (else we'd have heard of it before).

I suggest

1) move this thread to the Bug-reporting section; and

2) describe what hardware and o/s you're running on; and

3) attach a savegame from just before the event, so that experts can have a look to see if (for example) something has gone awry in the status variables (which can often be the cause of unintended behaviours).

It might take a day or two for the experts to look at it and respond.
    Thank you sir gallowglass
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2015
    Moved thread to bugs section.

What system are you running the game on and do you have any mods installed?
    windows 7, i have drizzt saga bgnpc bgnpc music finch npc gavin npc mur'neth npc indiria npc bg2 tweaks dark horizons
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Hmm...I'm not sure why the game would be crashing. Melicamp's death seems like its pretty straightforward. The only thing I could think of would be is if his death animation wasn't working correctly.
    maybe a corrupted .BAM