Skip to content

Playtime

Lezard_ValethLezard_Valeth Member Posts: 70
Sorry if this is stupid question... is there any way to see playtime in BGEE? I know I can see number of days/hours/etc I've spent in the game world, but is there a way to see playtime in respects to real time? I know a lot of older CRPGs don't have this feature, but thought I might ask considering this is the Enhanced Edition.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • Lezard_ValethLezard_Valeth Member Posts: 70
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the response, but I'm playing on an Android tablet. Any way to track playtime on the Android version?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    IF
    Global("7c#hourspastplaying","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("7c#blockreset","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobalTimer("7c#timethissession","GLOBAL",3600)
    SetGlobal("7c#blockreset","GLOBAL",1)
    END

IF
    Global("7c"blockreset","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("7c#timethissession","GLOBAL")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    IncrementGlobal("7c#hourspastplaying","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobalTimer("7c#timethissession","GLOBAL",3600)
    END

IF
    Global("7c"blockreset","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("7c#showtime","GLOBAL")
    GlobalGT("7c#hourspastplaying","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetTokenGlobal(7c#hourspastplaying","GLOBAL","7C#HOURS_PLAYED")
    DisplayStringNoName(Player1,~You have been playing for <7C#HOURS_PLAYED> hour(s). Go and buy yourself a life.~)
    END
    I've modified it so it easily runs on Android, but you can't stop it, and it displays the time only in hours and every hour.

You can make this work each minute or every 10 minutes by changing the value given to "7c#timethissession" (be sure to change all of them). The value's in seconds. (If you want to change the message string (the stuff inside the ~ tildes) but maybe it's not worth it.)