Skip to content

Please help me understand this

GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
Tymora's Melody: +1 luck
Girdle of Beatification: +1 to hit
Lucky Scimitar: Luck effect
Darkened Glory: +5% Crit chance

How do these work together? If I understand it right...

Usually you need a 20 for a Crit. Darkened glory makes it a 19 or 20. Lucky scimitar makes it 18+. Girdle of beautification makes it a 17+. Tymora's Melody makes it a 16+.

Is this right? And would adding a skald, who gives +2 to hit make it a 14+?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Discussed this some here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44078/1-luck-two-handed-style-18-20-criticals

I'm pretty sure Skald and Girdle of Beatification just affect your THAC0 and don't directly add to your hit roll.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    joluv said:

Discussed this some here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44078/1-luck-two-handed-style-18-20-criticals

I'm pretty sure Skald and Girdle of Beatification just affect your THAC0 and don't directly add to your hit roll.

Thank you for the link. It's amazing..I've played so much and yet understand so little...
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Mainhand Darkened Glory, offhand Lucky Scimitar and a bard playing Tymora's Melody still makes for 17-20 crits or 20% chance. Pretty cool!

Maybe luck spell would stack so could sequencer multiple luck spells in as well?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wowo: Unfortunately, the Luck spell and the bonus from the Lucky Scimitar uses a different opcode than Tymora's Melody, which means it does not stack.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im pretty sure luck doesn't actually make it so you can crit on less than a 20, I believe what luck does is when you make your attack roll, it will add it to the attack roll, making it a better chance to hit 20, so for example, lets say you have +2 to luck, you make an attack roll, and lets say you roll an 8, what will happen is before the game diplays 8, it will add the +2 bonus and make it 10, so in essence, if you had the +2 luck bonus and rolled an 18, the game will change it to a 20, and luck also increases damage the same way, I've played a bgee game where I put alora's lucky charm in all of my inventory slots ( except for weapon) and I was always rolling 20s doing maximum damage ( I gave my character the iron golem attack, pretty brutal damage indeed)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Luck only increases critical hit chances in IWD2, not in any of the other games.