Skip to content

Bhaalspawn Powers Don't Export/Import

KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
So, i was running several characters through the BG 1 main plot line in order to gain them their Bhaalspawn powers. I got bored of this for awhile, and decided to try out the Black Pits. When i imported in my party (most of which had Bhaalspawn Powers in BG 1), i realized none of them had Bhaalspawn powers in BP. I then imported them into a BG 1 game, and once again, none of them had their Bhaalspawn powers. Looks like i wasted a good bit of time trying to get them their powers :/. I remember that this used to work in the original BG (pre EE).

So, if i import any of these characters into BG2 or SoD when it releases, will they retain the Bhaalspawn powers they got in BG1, or will their powers be randomly generated?
Also, since BP had a higher level cap than BG1, will my Lvl 10 characters from BP keep their higher level when i export them into SoD or SoA?

Comments

• SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    If you import to BG2 from BG1, your Charname will have the acquired Bahlspawn powers but BP is a red herring here as it was not part of original game. So BP will eliminate said powers.
    Best advice I can give is do BP first, then BG 1, then BG 2. Fact is though, importing from BP to BG1 you are so overpowered that the early game will be boring to you. So take from that what you will.
    Personally, I treat BP as a stand-alone scenario with no relationship to the main games but that's me.
    As for xp, I believe BG2 adjusts so that whomever you import will have the xp of their appropriate level applied so if it is 10, then it is 10. If it is 8 or 9 (from BG1) then it is 8 or 9.
    There is a way to re-instate Bahlspawn powers using CLUA Console I believe but forget how. I'm sure some wise member does know though.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you import BP characters into SoA they will be at the level you were in BP, infact, you might even be a hair higher because for some odd reason, the game will remember how much XP you should have had, for example, lets say you are playing BP and just gain enough XP to hit level 10, then you do the same battle 100 times over, despite the fact you didn't get XP in BP, chances are some of that XP will follow you over to SoA, I import a black pit party that just barely hit level 10 and my fighter all had around 503 000 xp each, and when it comes to modding in those bhaal spawn abilities you can use EE keeper to edit them In if need be
  • KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
    Yeah, the problem with editing in the Bhaalspawn powers though with EE Keeper, is that EE Keeper has some sort of limit to how many Innate abilities your characters can have memorized. For example, Paladins get stacked with Detect Evil memorizations in there Innate tab, so you can't add any memorizations for Bhaalspawn powers to them with EE Keeper.