Skip to content

Any way to reset a quest?

PezPez Member Posts: 19
Hi, I would like to reset the quest of rescuing Montaron from the Harpers. I stole the bird from them but I can't find Xzar anywhere, I don't know if he died from area damage or from something else and I don't remember dismissing him. Can this be done somehow? Without completing that quest I can't progress on Jaheira's and harpers quests.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Someone else here will probably have more insight, but here's something to try:

C:CreateCreature("XZAR") or C:CreateCreature("LYROS") will both spawn another Xzar. With either one, if you speak to him twice with the bird in your inventory, you can complete the quest. I don't know what the difference is between the two, and it's possible that only one of them will allow the Harper quests to continue.
  • PezPez Member Posts: 19
    joluv said:

Someone else here will probably have more insight, but here's something to try:

C:CreateCreature("XZAR") or C:CreateCreature("LYROS") will both spawn another Xzar. With either one, if you speak to him twice with the bird in your inventory, you can complete the quest. I don't know what the difference is between the two, and it's possible that only one of them will allow the Harper quests to continue.

I figured how to get the console to run and that command worked wonders. Hope it will let the quest to continue. Thanks!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    There is almost always a way to reset a quest if you know what you are doing. It just depends on how much meddling you have to do with things.