Skip to content

Elf Archer Death Squad - What Class to fill last slot?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Remember that Bards are much stronger in IWD than in the BG series. Their songs are way better, and they can cast up to level 8.

Also, unlimited/returning ranged options are much rarer, which makes Archers a bit more annoying.
    [Deleted User]semiticgoddess
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Seconding half-elf Bard. If your party will get a lot of attacks -- and yours will -- the Bard songs like Tymora pay off very heavily. Alternately, a Skald would also be quite nice.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    The lack of unlimited arrows is really annoying and you will run out of magical arrows very fast. One character needs to use throwing axes as you get a returning one about halfway through the game.

I'd go with a half-elf skald. The to-hit and damage bonus will be of great help to everyone else.

[Deleted User]
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    thespace said:

Elf Archer
    Elf F/T
    1/2 Elf C/R
    Elf Sorcerer (or maybe DD for flavor)
    Elf F/M

Hope you don't intend on resurrecting anyone in the field...
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Oh crap! I forgot about the resurrection only for elves! Too bad Beamdog didn't fix this (assuming it is still in place) - sigh guess I will cancel the elf heavy group I just created :disappointed: and head back to the drawing board!

(Not such a bad thing I like creating parties almost as much as playing them LOL)
    Rodrian
    Wanderon
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Wanderon said:

Oh crap! I forgot about the resurrection only for elves! Too bad Beamdog didn't fix this (assuming it is still in place) - sigh guess I will cancel the elf heavy group I just created :disappointed: and head back to the drawing board!

There's nothing to fix, that's actually part of the 2nd edition rules.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    BillyYank said:

Wanderon said:

There's nothing to fix, that's actually part of the 2nd edition rules.
    Perhaps so but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it nor that it's necessarily a "good rule" since for many folks (like myself) it just means they don't play elves in IWD rather than take a chance on the party ending up in the poorhouse due to some unlucky crits and the outlandish prices for resurrecting vs Raise dead (or at least they used to be - haven't needed a temple yet in EE so I don't know if the prices have been mellowed from the original.)

After all it's not like it would be the first time that any of the 2nd ed rules have been "adjusted" In IWD or BG for one reason or another :wink: