Skip to content

All mages

It's it possible to beat the game with full mage party on normal or heart on fury mode?
Is spell progression changed in HOF mode what would be perfect mage build to do this?
If anyone did it please share experience.

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    It will be difficult in HoF mode, because even though you'll level up fast, you won't have access to high-level spells for a long time. Are you open to using Sorcerers?
    semiticgoddess
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Well, yes. You mean Sorcerers are more powerfull than mages?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    They learn spells innately instead of from scrolls, so they can get high-level spells much earlier, especially if you're playing HoF and/or you have a small party. It's definitely possible to beat the game with either plain Sorcerers or Dragon Disciples. If you choose HoF, you'll want to focus on disabling spells and summons. (Summoned creatures get the same stat boosts as enemies.)
    FinneousPJbrussemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    To be honest if you want to play HoF to be challenged, avoid using summons. If you just want to beat it for whatever reason, summons make it super easy. Especially the power-boosted Mordy Swords are absolutely ridiculous.
    brus
    Which disabling spells you had in mind?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I've started a spell caster run with:
    Sorcerer
    Dragon Disciple
    Avenger
    Totemic Druid
    Illusionist/Thief
    Illusionist/Cleric

Difficulty is HoF mode with insane xp disabled (so xp is no longer doubled).

I'm focusing on damage spells as much as possible to see of it's possible to nuke my way through HoF.

So far I've just finished the prologue so don't expect much difficulty with goblins considering access to webs and hold person. Hopefully Snillocs Snowball spamming will expedite the process.

See how it goes!
    brusJuliusBorisov
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Most of the game is very doable with an all-mage party. However, Belhifet is nearly impossible for such a party to beat, and Yxunomei is very difficult (I'm talking about a party of six pure mages; it'll be easier if you have some multiclasses).
    semiticgoddess

Most of the game is very doable with an all-mage party. However, Belhifet is nearly impossible for such a party to beat, and Yxunomei is very difficult (I'm talking about a party of six pure mages; it'll be easier if you have some multiclasses).

Don't forget that such a party has access to bg2 style spells like lower resistance and pierce magic.
    So, you have to know where to get all spells, if you want to tackle challenging battles.
    brus said:

So, you have to know where to get all spells, if you want to tackle challenging battles.

Sorcerers.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    You can reasonably 'feed' 2 Mages (/Bards) with the limited spell scrolls availability. So, yes Sorcerers are mandatory.
    Abel said:

You can reasonably 'feed' 2 Mages (/Bards) with the limited spell scrolls availability. So, yes Sorcerers are mandatory.

I'd say 3 in my experience if you don't mind going to the expansion early.
    Abel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisovAbelbrus