Skip to content

Deathbattle: Jaheria vs Viconia

2»

Comments

• YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486

but ultimately neither can overcome the other one, and they both must walk away.

But Viconia would take the chance and kill Jaheira as soon as she turns her back! (evil bonus trait)
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @recklessheart
    You have become my new friend.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited December 2015
    You're completely talking out of your a*se, @recklessheart.
    [Edit: sorry, I didn't really mean to sound so aggressive.]

It doesn't really come down to these things either. Level and equipment are ultimately arbitrary means of ranking the achievements and possibilities of each character.

It doesn't matter how "arbitrary" you consider these measures to be, they are the only actual measures available to us. To measure anything means putting numbers on it, all else is just waffle.

Jaheira has to be level 1 when she joins you

BS. She can be level 1/1, level 2/2, level 4/4 or level 5/6.

[... yada, yada, yada ...]

Loads of irrelevant BS ignored, because it involves no measure of comparison ...

Who would win in a battle between them? I find that very difficult to measure.

... so of course you can't measure it, because you've started off by arbitrarily excluding the only possible measures, i.e. levels/abilities/equipment. By doing that, you disable yourself from comparing anything and render the question meaningless.
    Post edited by Gallowglass on
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited December 2015
    IN GAMEPLAY

It all depends on when they fight. If it's in low levels, I think Viconia would win. She would just cast Hold Person in Jaheira, and then just kill her with slings. If it's in the beggening of Shadows of Amn, Jaheira would win, since she can summon a Fire Elemental pretty early. At higher levels, Viconia would win, since Jaheira would be stacked in 13th Druid level, and Viconia would have access to the strongest divine spells in the game.

IN LORE

Anything can happen. Jaheira is such a badass! She's a Druid, but she's also a great warrior with a quarterstaff. More than that: she's a badass wild harper! But Viconia is a drow. She's a mother fucking freaking renegade Drow Priestess. It would be a tough battle, but I think Viconia have a little more advantage in this fight.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

You're completely talking out of your a*se, @recklessheart.

Lets keep things respectful.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Umm. Yes, fair point. I was irritated and adopted an unnecessarily aggressive tone.

Apologies, I'll go back and edit it.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Just checked. I mean if you were doing this at their lowest levels then Viconia at level 2 actually has leather armor (no chain mail until level 6 version). Also she's got 2 command spells. So basically Jaheira might get one attack with her sling off (with 19 Thac0 she would have to hit an AC of 6 given Viconia's dexterity). They both start with 12 health at their lowest level versions. But since Viconia has 2 command spells she gets 2 rounds of free shots against Jaheira. Without a critical strike it would be unlikely that Viconia would kill her in those two hits, but with 1d6+1 damage from her mace it is possible.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    edited December 2015

All examples must be based on lore and feats that the character has accomplished (novels and game, this is kind of unfair for one but sue me.)

I think, @Gallowglass , the appropriate reaction on your end according to the OP would have been to sue me, rather than give me a personalised tirade. Perhaps, however, you didn't read the OP? My measurement of the potential of either character to kill the other one was based on the OP: I explained my reasons for not making a comparison based on the mechanical possibilities, and attempted to explain and honour the rest. The "yada yada yada" was my defence of that decision, albeit not quite as eloquent as the succinct form in which you are returning it to me for 'constructive' criticism.

Thank you, @elminster . Jaheira can at least be thankful that you're on her side when the Harper-Drow war gets into full swing ;)

@recklessheart
    You have become my new friend.

Haha - lose some, win some, then! Happy to hear it :)
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Ok, I made up my mind. I'm with Billy on this
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Of course you could just roll a dice.